I have 10 reasons to keep me motivated this time...
I have been a serial dieter for many years now, with every diet resulting in me losing about a stone and a half usually over the period of about 6 weeks then putting about 2 stone back on... as this cycle goes it means that I have now found myself at 14st 13lb with a BMI telling me I am obese. I think psychologically if I can stop before I hit 15st then that is a start. In the last few weeks I have put even more weight on - my mum has been diagnosed with breast cancer has had a mastectomy and is waiting to start chemo and radiation, we were talking the other day and I was having a moan about my weight and she got quite tearful and said that she thinks that having spent a lot of her adult life over weight could have contributed to her cancer and that she would hate for that to ever happen to me. I'm also at a point where I have been with my partner for nearly 5 years and in the next couple of years we would like to start our own family - I want to get healthy now to do everything I can to have a healthy happy pregnancy and also to change my life long eating habits and make new ones that are healthy that I can pass to my own children.
So why do I want to lose weight?
- Because mum has asked me to, with links to her own ill health.
- because I would like a healthy pregnancy
- because I want to wear clothes that are not designed for women 30 years older than me
- because I dont want to always hide from camera
- because I am sick of feeling depressed about it
- because I want my confidence back
- because my back hurts
- because I want to have a healthy lifestyle
- because I want a toned stomach
- because I want to stand in front of him and not wonder 'how on earth does he find me attractive?'
Well... thats me... its day one... and I'm preparing myself... I shall be venturing to asda in a while to prepare my cupboards for the changes but for now - Hello... nice to meet you... you will be seeing a lot of me on here!
I have about 6 stone to lose... I'm aiming for this time next year... but we shall see how it goes...
Someone give me a lovely success story and let me know it is worth it alll... x x x