Scary!! You are saying pretty much what my brain was thinking as I drove home from my first weigh in today!!
Originally Posted by BlodynAur
I wonder if this is a "newbie" thing? The devil vs angel scenario?
I've been saying that all day too
Originally Posted by BlodynAur
1) It was having that odd "treat" day, which led to another "treat" day and another and another (devil) ... which got me to the weight I am today (angel)
2) I completely-utterly-totally understand about the wanting a favourite old "treat" (devil); but, I'm telling myself (angel) that the SW plan has opened up new "treats" ... stuff I either haven't eaten in years or things I have never even tried before!
If I've never tried it before, I'm asking myself why not? And it is probably something to do with expense
So, tomorrow (because I really have not given into temptation today and bought that bottle of wine, or that fish supper - and boy have I been tempted! ) I'm going to buy myself a fillet steak to cook for my dinner (and it will cost less than the combined total of wine/fish supper and won't contain one syn!
3) Well done on your 1lb loss it's not to be sniffed at
Some days I've been full of enthusiasm and think it's a breeze (and I'm only on Day 6!) but, I've had my 2nd occasion of wanting to break ranks and run for the hills (into my old habits).
The fact is, nothing is stopping me from gobbling a pizza, downing a bottle of wine, scoffing cheese and biscuits. After all, what is SW going to do? Imprison me? Give me 50 lashes? Put my photo on billboards with a demeaning description as a caption? Of course not. They'll take my subs whether I lose a lb, gain a lb or stay the same (well, for a time, at least).
What is stopping me is ... me! I remind myself of all the reasons I walked into my first meeting in the first place; and those reasons have not altered.
Likes to post
- Rep Power
Diet: Slimming World / Calorie Counting
Start Date: 16/01/2014
Start Weight: 18st0lb
Current Weight: 17st1.5lb
Goal Weight: 12st0lb
Goal Date: 15/08/2015
Start BMI: 41.9
Current BMI: 39.9
Goal BMI: 28
Total Weight Loss: 0st12.5lb
Weight to Lose: 5st1.5lb
% Lost 4.96%
Holy cow, this comment just gave me an epiphany or something! I've been given so much fantastic advice (in this thread and in other places), but honestly, that's the best thing anyone's ever said. I've had a fairly bad night SW wise and I'm certain that if I hadn't read that now, I'd have gone on to eat more tonight. You just reminded me why I joined SW, why I want to lose weight, why I don't want to eat the chocolates that are a few centimetres away! I might even write it out on a sticky note and put it on my desk! Thank you, so much!!
Originally Posted by MrsSOS
...I realise I sound crazy, but I'm now in a ridiculously good mood!
- Lose 1st
- Lose 1st7lbs
- Lose 2st
- Lose 3st
- Lose 5st
- Lose 7st
- Fit into my old skinny jeans
- Fit into the dress I wore to my prom
- Fit into my favourite one shoulder dress
- Buy a new Little Black Dress in a size 12
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.