Hi everyone :)
This is my first post and also my first day on slimming world!! (so far so good)
I have tried my hardest in the past with fad diets and stuck to them at first but i always end up slipping back into old habits!!
Joined slimming world after hearing so many success stories. I have around 4 stone to loose and i get married in september so i have a big challenge ahead of me.
Any hints and tips would be very welcome as i dont want to fail this time, i want to be happy and healthy again!
Does anyone find that once they make a decision to diet it makes them want to eat more than ever before?! or is that just me?! :sigh:
Thanks for listening :D
Yay welcome to the forum, you'll find so much info on here.
My tips are, start subscribing to peoples diaries, that way you can see what they eat, their ups & downs, as you know there are many, take a look at the recipe section & start a diary yourself.
i have a diary but you need 500 posts to view, but honestly it keeps me on track, I also take pics of my food which helps.
My top tips are
1) deny yourself nothing, if you want it have it, but work it into the plan. I love chocolate and eat it most days, I try and save some syns each day so I can have something in the evening, be it a curly whurly at 6 syns, a kit kat chunky at 14, I also have discovered a love of dark choc, you don't need as much to get the same satisfaction therefore costing less syns.
2) plan!! I think this is the most important, if you leave things to the last minute it is easier to grab anything only to find its not as on plan as you thought.
3) vary your food, if you eat the same thing all the time you are going to get bored
4) try and stick to similar meals you enjoyed before but make them sw friendly, eg lasagne, bolognase, sausage and chips etc, most meals can be altered slightly to fit in with the plan
5) bulk cook, freeze that leftover curry bolognase etc so you allways have something on plan to grab in a hurry or when you really can't be bothered to cook
6) move more, take up some exercise or bike or walk places, this will not only help speed things along but also make you feel healthier and more determined.
7) if you have a bad day, get straight back on with the plan
8) come on here as much as you can, it helps with the motivation, gives new ideas and we are all in the same boat.
good luck x
All very good advice thank you!
Been reading a lot of threads and its motivating me so much and im loving the food diaries too, good way to get some new ideas!!
i know what you mean but i started 3 weeks ago and found i am not hungry i do have food on my mind alot but its usually because i'm on here looking for new things to eat and planning my meals. Before i started i found i was permantly eating (junk) and never felt satisfied. Good luck once you get your head round the plan you will find it comes naturally and you think about it less and less.
Originally Posted by Nat_1990
Sent from my GT-S5830i using MiniMins.com mobile app
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.