Ok, there's probably already been a million "what should I take for lunch?" threads... but I thought another one couldn't hurt
I like cooking stuff the night before, and I like seasonal veg. Also...cheap is good. Student budget an' all that.
Here's the kind of things i've been taking to uni for my lunch so far.
- Pasta salad (Pasta, red wine vinegar, cucumber, peas, sweetcorn, peppers, salt and pepper, tomatoes, chickpeas...whatever's in the cupboard)
- Sandwiches. Meh. Boring. Quorn and light mayo...houmous...lots of ham and lettuce if its a red day...
- Fritatta with loads of veg
- Rice and peas/sweetcorn
- Quorn burgers (cold, yes. They're nice, honest!)
- Cold Pasta 'n' Sauce. Bit gluey though! Eugh.
Sometimes I just cant be arsed so I take a packet of ryvita minis, a bottle of water, a can of Pepsi Max, a bit of cheese and a SACK of fruit. :-)