Smokey Spicy BBQ Coke Chicken
All i did is take the Diet Coke Chicken recipe and basically added a few ingredients (in bold below). I think it lifts it up to another level , and would happily eat the lot even if i wasn't trying to loose weight.
The result is a sweet smokey sticky BBQ chicken dish with a bit of a kick , GORGEOUS ! Serve it up on a mountain of veg rice and eat the lot , why ? because you can !
Serves 4 ( or 1 hungry dude )
Syn free on Extra Easy and Original
400g sliced chicken breast
1 Grated Carrot
1 Garlic Clove Crushed
1 onion, diced
330ml can Diet Coke
6 tablespoons passata
1 tsp Smoked Paprika
Half tsp chilli powder , or 1 chopped chilli
Few Dashes of worcestershire sauce
Splash of soy sauce
Salt and lots of black pepper to taste
- Place the coke and passata in a pan and start to reduce on a high simmer. (Saves time and stops the chicken over cooking)
- Heat a large saute pan and spray with Fry Light
- Add the onion , carrot and garlic and fry steadily until beginning to color and caramelize.
- Place the diced chicken in a bowl and add a generousness splash of worcestershire sauce , a splash of soy sause , salt , a good grind of black pepper, the smoked paprika and chilli powder , mix well until well coated.
- Add the chicken to the pan and fry till just browning.
- Add all the ingredients together and bring to the boil
- Simmer until the sauce thickens and reduces down to about half its volume - approximately 15 minute