Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Low/free syn free sauces to go with steak

  1. #1
    Regular Member

    Join Date
    11th February, 2014
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    0
    Height: 5ft2in
    Start Date: 10th February 2014
    Start Weight: 13st7lb
    Current Weight: 13st3lb
    Goal Weight: 11st0lb
    Goal Date: June 2014


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 34.6
    Current BMI: 33.8
    Goal BMI: 28.2


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 0st4lb
    Weight to Lose: 2st3lb
    % Lost 2.12%

    Low/free syn free sauces to go with steak

    Does anyone have any low or free sauces recipes to go with steak for tonights lush SW valentines meal?

    Love Ladybird 66 x


    First goal from 13's through to 11
    To fit into my gorgeous size 14 jeans

  2. #2
    Forum Master
    half century
    Willbeslimjen's Avatar
    Join Date
    5th March, 2013
    Posts
    2,579
    Rep Power
    48
    Diet: Slimming world
    Height: 5ft4in
    Start Date: 04/04/2012
    Start Weight: 15st2.5lb
    Current Weight: 10st12lb
    Goal Weight: 10st7lb


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 36.5
    Current BMI: 26.1
    Goal BMI: 25.2


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 4st4.5lb
    Weight to Lose: 0st5lb
    % Lost 28.47%
    Oh there's a lovely syn free peppercorn sauce in the little book of sauces.
    Basically fry of onion in saucepan
    Add veg stock
    A tablespoon of peppercorns
    Then simmer for 20 mins
    Take of heat and stir in ff fromage frais. Things that right can get the quantities if it appeals

  3. #3
    ♥ Slimming World ♥

    Princess_Stevie's Avatar
    Join Date
    29th March, 2011
    Location
    County Durham
    Posts
    9,923
    Rep Power
    448
    Diet: Slimming World
    Height: 5ft6in
    Have you ever tried Low Low cheese spread? You get half a tub of it for Healthy A and it comes in original, cracked black pepper and red pepper and chilli flavours. The cracked black pepper would be really nice melted and poured over steak.

    It is available in most supermarkets.

    Princess Stevie
    Struggling, but never giving in!

    Not currently attending a group or even weighing at home - focusing on just sticking to plan rather than getting obsessed with the numbers!

    You can find my New Food Diary: here!


  4. #4
    Regular Member

    Join Date
    11th February, 2014
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    0
    Height: 5ft2in
    Start Date: 10th February 2014
    Start Weight: 13st7lb
    Current Weight: 13st3lb
    Goal Weight: 11st0lb
    Goal Date: June 2014


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 34.6
    Current BMI: 33.8
    Goal BMI: 28.2


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 0st4lb
    Weight to Lose: 2st3lb
    % Lost 2.12%
    Quote Originally Posted by Willbeslimjen View Post
    Oh there's a lovely syn free peppercorn sauce in the little book of sauces.
    Basically fry of onion in saucepan
    Add veg stock
    A tablespoon of peppercorns
    Then simmer for 20 mins
    Take of heat and stir in ff fromage frais. Things that right can get the quantities if it appeals
    sound really good - quantities would be good thank you... guess some mushrooms thrown in would be good too.
    Love Ladybird 66 x


    First goal from 13's through to 11
    To fit into my gorgeous size 14 jeans

  5. #5
    Regular Member

    Join Date
    11th February, 2014
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    0
    Height: 5ft2in
    Start Date: 10th February 2014
    Start Weight: 13st7lb
    Current Weight: 13st3lb
    Goal Weight: 11st0lb
    Goal Date: June 2014


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 34.6
    Current BMI: 33.8
    Goal BMI: 28.2


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 0st4lb
    Weight to Lose: 2st3lb
    % Lost 2.12%
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess_Stevie View Post
    Have you ever tried Low Low cheese spread? You get half a tub of it for Healthy A and it comes in original, cracked black pepper and red pepper and chilli flavours. The cracked black pepper would be really nice melted and poured over steak.

    It is available in most supermarkets.
    Thank you Princess_Stevie sound perfect for me but unfortunately other half doesn't like cheese (is his crazy!!) but I will definitely give it a go. could you also use this with macaroni to make a mac'n'cheese?

    On a different subject - I don't eat wheat so gluten free bread, pasta etc....is that counted as the same as regular bread, pasta or are there extra syns
    Love Ladybird 66 x


    First goal from 13's through to 11
    To fit into my gorgeous size 14 jeans

  6. #6
    Forum Master
    half century
    Willbeslimjen's Avatar
    Join Date
    5th March, 2013
    Posts
    2,579
    Rep Power
    48
    Diet: Slimming world
    Height: 5ft4in
    Start Date: 04/04/2012
    Start Weight: 15st2.5lb
    Current Weight: 10st12lb
    Goal Weight: 10st7lb


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 36.5
    Current BMI: 26.1
    Goal BMI: 25.2


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 4st4.5lb
    Weight to Lose: 0st5lb
    % Lost 28.47%
    This serves 4
    1 onion chopped
    2 garlic cloves
    300ml veg stock
    1 tbsp crushed black peppercorns
    1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
    200g fat free fromage frais

    Place onion, garlic and stock in pan,
    Bring to boil
    Reduce heat add peppercorns and Worcestershire sauce
    Simmer for 15-20 mins or until sauce is reduced and slightly thickened
    Remove from heat stir in fromage frais and season to taste

    Enjoy!

    On the gluten free side I think that gluten free pasta is free,
    I know on the bread there are certain ones that you can have a heb, for example you can have one bfree wrap as a heb. If you do a search there should be more info. Or if you are a online member you can check there

  7. #7
    Regular Member

    Join Date
    11th February, 2014
    Posts
    19
    Rep Power
    0
    Height: 5ft2in
    Start Date: 10th February 2014
    Start Weight: 13st7lb
    Current Weight: 13st3lb
    Goal Weight: 11st0lb
    Goal Date: June 2014


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 34.6
    Current BMI: 33.8
    Goal BMI: 28.2


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 0st4lb
    Weight to Lose: 2st3lb
    % Lost 2.12%
    Quote Originally Posted by Willbeslimjen View Post
    This serves 4
    1 onion chopped
    2 garlic cloves
    300ml veg stock
    1 tbsp crushed black peppercorns
    1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
    200g fat free fromage frais

    Place onion, garlic and stock in pan,
    Bring to boil
    Reduce heat add peppercorns and Worcestershire sauce
    Simmer for 15-20 mins or until sauce is reduced and slightly thickened
    Remove from heat stir in fromage frais and season to taste

    Enjoy!

    On the gluten free side I think that gluten free pasta is free,
    I know on the bread there are certain ones that you can have a heb, for example you can have one bfree wrap as a heb. If you do a search there should be more info. Or if you are a online member you can check there
    Thank you so much that is great. It was more the pasta, I dont' tend to eat much bread, prefer ryvitas.
    Love Ladybird 66 x


    First goal from 13's through to 11
    To fit into my gorgeous size 14 jeans





Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.