a veggie with a long way to go...

hi, all! I'm joining Slimming World tonight and thought I'd start up a diary here for accountability, food tracking and hopefully meeting some lovely supportive friends along the way :)

I am 28, 5ft 11, 303lb. I was here once before and got down to 210lb, which for me was actually fine - I'm aiming to be back there by the end of the year. I go on holiday at the start of June and am so scared I won't fit in the airline seats!! At 270/280 I know I fit without extra seatbelt etc so aiming for that in the short term, but quietly hoping for more loss than that.

I'm not as unfit as my stats make out - I'm a bit sniffly and sneezy at the moment but still managed half an hour/11km on a bike at the gym today without really getting tired, so I'm going to build on that. My GP has referred me for support at my local gym, so tomorrow they're going to make up a programme for me to follow for 8 weeks. I plan to go to the gym minimum 3/4 times a week.

I'm also a vegetarian who doesn't eat very much dairy, so if anyone has any awesome veggie recipes or tips to share that would be awesome. I have a soup maker, so if anyone has good recipes for that then please feel free to share.

Today I begin on my journey. No turning back and no excuses. my long term aim is 175lb or so, depressingly close to half my body weight. Baby steps!

Good luck with your journey
I'm not vegetarian but do love meat free meals.. one of the best stand bys for me (freezes great) is the 12 speed soup -only I make it chunky as a stew.. I love it on it's own but it also works on jackets, wedges or on rice/pasta

12 speed soup
1 tin tomatoes
1 box passata
1 tin green lentils
1 large tin of cannelini beans
1 tin red kidney beans
1 jar/tin finger carrots
500g frozen peppers
2 onions -chopped
1 tin baked beans
2 parsnips -peeled n chopped
1 tin peas -I like garden
2 veg oxo
seasoning

put the parsnip, onion n peppers in the bottom of the pan and tip everything else on top, there is no need for extra liquid that way as the veggies cook in the juices from everything else. just bring slowly up to the boil then reduce and simmer until the veg are cooked, then I take the lid off and allow to reduce down.
not sure if the photo will work

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=2da7fb4ddb9303576f1217a2f9b779e5&oe=57561600

thank you, that looks fab! I think organisation is my downfall so having that as an easy option would be good for me. well done on your losses so far :)

Didn't make it to a class last night or today - I've had a bit of a cold for a week or two and it seems to have intensified, my sinuses are sooo sore and I am feeling sorry for myself. My first thought was comfort food... usually that'd be a Dominos or something, but instead I made smooth thick soup in my soup maker and it is excellent.

So today I've eaten...
Breakfast: banana
Lunch: Potato, carrot, broccoli, garlic and chilli soup - it's great, super filling and the spice is clearing my nose a bit :) and I have grapes too.

Dinner tonight I think I'll make a pasta, tomato/onion/pepper and quorn meatball dish, again, looking for comfort but trying to stay on track. I also made a tofu and chocolate mousse which isn't fabulous but is good enough to keep cravings at bay. (silken tofu, vanilla essence, 2 tsp cocoa powder (2 syns), fat free fromage frais and sweetener). I'm just trying to experiment now with different things. I was hoping to go to the gym today but no point, I feel terrible. :(

Argh, been asleep half of the afternoon, am aching and can think of nothing but junk food. I am miserable. Meant to be going away tomorrow for the night but can't see me being up to it :(

Dinner: 200g McCains oven chips - 1.5syns per 100g apparently?! much lower than I thought. so 3 syns for dinner, I can't face standing cooking something right now.

I'm also a vege (new to that) and trying to follow SW (also new to that!) so I'm struggling a lot with meal ideas! I seem to replace meat for cheese which is a huge struggle when trying to follow SW, too!

The recipe above from CAPRICORN looks great - I'll definitely give that a try!

The first few weeks are always the hardest, I hope you're doing okay now :)

Back