Complete and Utter Sabotage :(

skinnyminnycow

Half a pound at a time.
I did make a post not long back about dreading going to the mother in laws due to her mothering and feeding ways. The woman is brilliant, so kind and always making sure you are well fed and happy. However her "healthy" is a salad layered with cheese on top. Or tons of olive oil. Or haggis wrapped in chicken and bacon with buttery potatoes. (She lives right near the Scottish border in the country) She offers me an alcoholic drink or a biscuit or chocolate all the time too.

It was only every other few weekends so not really a problem. But then I lost my job down in Manchester. So I have come to stay with my boyfriend and his parents to see if I can get a job up here and eventually sort our own place out up here. In the meantime I am up here with no job, not much money left and all my meals being done by this lovely little lady. She knows I am on a diet so is cooking "diet food" for me. Although she is buying fruit which helps! I feel like I am in a "beggars cannot be choosers" type of place right now. Once I get a job the only meals of hers I will be eating is dinners...lunches and breakfast can be my own again, then eventually when I get my own place with my boyfriend I can cook all my slimming world meals again. At this rate I am NOT going to be in a size 14 dress for a wedding in September. I am going on long walks at night with the dog and going try and get some running in too. But I am so not on the slimming world plan right now its unreal!

Worse of all - my "local" slimming world class is over 40 miles away, and with not enough money for a 80 mile trip in petrol I cannot even get to that. (I do realise this could be an opportunity for me to open a class soon for the people up here)

Any tips would be helpful! :) I am desperate not to give up! xxx

Hi! Perhaps you could say to her that you're so grateful you would like to offer to make dinner as a thank you. That way you could save syns?

Yes, could you offer to cook? That way you can ensure that you're on plan. Alternatively, what about buying a SW cookbook and then you could both choose meals out of that to cook? Have you explained the SW plan to her? Does she know what is free on the plan and what isn't? have you made it clear how important losing weight and getting fit is to you?

I understand that you feel in a difficult position, but at the end of the day you still have to take responsibility for what goes in your mouth. You do not *have* to eat what she cooks. I understand it might be a little more difficult at dinnertime if she's cooking for the whole family but surely you can eat weekabix and fruit for breakfast and a jacket potato for lunch without offending her or having to explain yourself. Surely?

As for her offering you biscuits and alcohol, just firmly say that you'll pass as you're determined to fit into your wedding dress. Say it enough and she'll get the idea I'm sure.

Good luck!

I do take responsibility for what goes in my mouth. I cant cook or suggest for her something to cook because her husband is a right old fashioned man who likes his wifes routine. Either way I have spoken to my boyfriend and he has taken me shopping to get a few healthy bits in for me to eat instead for breakfast and lunches. Tea i will grin and bear it and pick at the potatoes or veg.

Sounds like now would be the perfect time to learn how to cook tbh. Ask her to teach you if need be and then make the recipes SW friendly, it doesn't take much to turn a dish from something synful to one that is okay. And enlist her support in your campaign, she is going to be your MIL and it doesn't sound like she is a dragon lol

Back