Diary of a Gannet

babbles

Hi everyone. I'm Babbles, a 47 year old female who loves eating. As a result I have gained weight over the years and can no longer pretend I'm pleasantly plump. I quite happily wandered through the last few years kidding myself on that I was only slightly overweight when the plain truth is I'm obese:eek:
I've made plenty of excuses for my size; everything from clothes are made smaller to I'm big boned to my medication makes me fat when, in reality, over eating and not exercising are the true causes.
After seeing a good few unflattering photos of myself I have now faced reality and realise that my own greed is why I'm fat.
I'm a size 22:eek:, weigh 16st 10lb:eek::eek: and am 5' 5" tall-I look like a ball with legs!
I've now decided enough is enough and have decided to try and lose weight. With this in mind I joined Slimmimg World last Thursday night. I happily wandered home with my info books and grand plans to lose a stone by my next weigh in. That plan fell by the wayside very quickly-the Indian buffet night I attended on the Friday made sure of that.:ashamed0005::ashamed0005::ashamed0005:
I have now got my act together and over the past couple of days I have stuck with the extra easy plan. Tomorrow I plan to cook some meals for freezing so that I have no excuses to grab take-away food(my biggest downfall).
I hope to update this diary on Thursday night having lost at least a couple of pounds.

Hi Babbles, :welcome2:to SW, you're among friends here. Strangely enough your the same dress size and weight as me, but have the benefit of an extra three inches in height :eek:
It seems as though you have your food plan in hand - so good luck with your next weigh-in.
If you need any help, just let us know
Tina x

Welcome! There is loads of support and help on here, well done for making a start. We are the same age, same starting weight, and same starting dress size! My clothes are all too big now.

You don't have to cut out your indian nights out, my husband and I go out regularly, at least one a week, for an Indian. Just be sensible. I don't have poppadoms any more, or breads. I have a boiled rice, and either a dry chicken main course, such as tikka, and I pinch a bit of DH's curry sauce. I still lose, so it's about making sensible choices.

Hope to hear some good news from you tomorrow, but even if you don't have good news, stay with it!

Thank you ladies:)

I'm loving this site already and haven't even explored half of it.

I'm also loving the SW diet. I haven't been hungry at all, the food isn't fancy-just everyday food and I can definitely see this working.

I ate a lot of bread before and had worried that I wouldn't be able to live without the same amounts but I'm filling up with other things and, so far, doing well.

And, in future, if I go out for an Indian meal I'll definitely stick with boiled rice and tikka:D

Hello and well done for getting so focused after having a naughty night. We get indian takeaways about one a fortnight, rogan josh is about 6 syns I think and damask??? is maybe 5? If you look on your app or google it youll be able to see.

Chinese have lots of low syn options too, beef and mushroom 4.5, black bean 5.5, chow mein 8.

Im exactly the same, blamed photos, sizings and skinny friends for making me look fat lol
it can be done though! x

Hello?
Alls been very quiet - are you still there? Hows it going?
x

Back