Food Diary (help a newbie out!)

thatgirl1

Hi all, I just started my slimming world journey on Tuesday, but I'm really struggling (and hungry!), I'm also not the most imaginative person when it comes to food. I'm terrified to eat as I was the same on unislim.

Here's my food Diary so far, suggestions would be much appreciated!

Wednesday:

Breakfast: mullerlight strawberry

Elevenses: mullerlight strawberry

Lunch: salad with Peppers and Turkey slices (lean) and low fat vinegrette

Dinner: sw chicken chow Mein recipe

Snacks: grapes, 3 x happy cow light triangles (equivalent to laughing cow light)

Thursday:

Breakfast: mullerlight strawberry, kiwi (cannot stomach cereal!)

Elevenses: Apple, kiwi, grapes

Lunch: 2 x slices of wholemeal bread, 4 happy cow triangles, Turkey, mullerlight vanilla yoghurt with chopped strawberries and raspberries

Dinner; chicken in black bean sauce (5 syns), egg fried rice (4.5 syns) from Chinese

Snacks: strawberries

Friday:

Breakfast: strawberry Duneen fat free yoghurt from aldi, kiwi

Elevenses: grapes, apple, kiwi

Lunch: 2 x slices of wholemeal bread, 4 happy cow triangles, baked beans, strawberry and raspberries with mullerlight vanilla yoghurt

Dinner: ( I feel awful about this) chicken in black bean sauce and fried rice (9.5 syns) from Chinese

Saturday:

Breakfast: mullerlight toffee yoghurt

Lunch: 2 x slices of wholemeal bread, with two teaspoons of flora lite (1syn) , egg fried in frylite and beans, orange

Dinner: minute steak fried in frylite, baby potatoes, two tbsp of home made garlic butter (made using flora light), 2 syns

Snack: kiwi, orange and dessert of chopped strawberries with toffee mullerlight

I'm terrified I'll have a bad first weigh in!

Hey there.. looks good from here but must confess I'm not a SW person... I'm sure there will soon be lots of peeps coming to your aid as that are lots that follow that regime.
However, there is just one point I thought I would make to you and that is that you need to try and relax a bit.
Being so uptight will work against your weight loss and that in turn is also making your body work harder thus making you feel so hungry all the time.
Try doing some relaxation exercises.. deep breathing and perhaps look into the "tapping" routine. My daughter found that really helpful whenever she began to get stressed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBR4iu2DwDs

Keep up the good work and I'm sure you'll soon get some good results.

Onwards and Downwards! :girlpower:

Looking at your menu I am assuming you are following Extra Easy? So you need to have superfree at each meal so a Mullerlight for brekkie isn't enough and not very filling. You also don't seem to use many syns, try having a few more, they really do help and that's what they're there for. Otherwise you menu is good I think so you should do fine at your weigh in x

Looking at your menu I am assuming you are following Extra Easy? So you need to have superfree at each meal so a Mullerlight for brekkie isn't enough and not very filling. You also don't seem to use many syns, try having a few more, they really do help and that's what they're there for. Otherwise you menu is good I think so you should do fine at your weigh in x

One of my biggest problems is eating early in the morning, cereal is a real no go. Are cereal bars low in syns? Or would adding more fruit do it?

Food looks ok, but i agree more syns are needed. Some cereal bars are hexb, some of the aldi ones are hexb, if you do a search on here the correct ones will come up.

Are you able to eat more at elevenses? if so you could make something that would fill you up a tad more, perhaps fruit couscous, or maybe have a slice of toast/fruit bar or something.

On SW you can eat until full and don't feel like you can only eat fruit there are loads of things you can have which will fill you up.

Have a nosey round here especially the threads which give ideas for breakfast, lunch & tea, also subscribe to diaries, it will then give you an idea of what other people are eating.

When do you feel hungry, is it inbetween meals are at meal times?

Back