FREE vegetarian chicken korma - help please!!!

Rorah

Mooooooo
Hi all,

My SW consultant told us about a recipe for chicken korma last week which a few people tried and said was fantastic. As a vegetarian I thought I could just substitute Quorn pieces for the chicken and it would be fine, until I realised about the gelatine in Muller yogurt (WHY?? :mad:).

So all my hopes were dashed until today, when I was at Tescos and saw their own brand Big Pot of Coconut Yogurt :gimi:!!!! Details for said yogurt are here: Tesco Coconut Yogurt 450G - Groceries - Tesco Groceries

Problem is, I have no idea how to syn it! Do I really have to do the standard 20 cals per syn - or is there a free plain yogurt allowance that I could somehow subtract from the syn-ables?

Please help - I'd love to do this recipe!!

Recipe (for anyone who would like it) is as follows:

2 Mullerlight coconut with chocolate sprinkles
1 tub quark
3tsp Schwartz Korma curry spice
4 tbsp granulated sweetner (BEWARE - everyone who said they'd made this recipe said it was waaay sweet enough WITHOUT the sweetner!!)
2 chicken breasts, cubed (or Quorn chicken pieces, I guess!)
250g mushrooms, quartered
2 large onions, chopped
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract
Frylight

Fry the chicken/Quorn in Frylight until browned, add mushrooms and onions and fry for 5 minutes. In a separate pan fry the korma powder with the vanilla and almond extract, stirring until fragrant. Take off the heat and add the Mullerlights and the quark. Mix well. Return to a low heat, add the sweetner (if you must!) and warm through, making sure not to boil (may curdle). Add turmeric and stir well. Add chicken/Quorn and vegetables.

Freeeeee on EE! :bliss:

The yoghurt is three syns per 100g or 13.5 per 450g tub. You'd be better just using reduced fat coconut milk. Or you can buy coconut essence online and add that to natural yoghurt.

Fab - thanks very much! Please could I ask how you calculated the 3 syns per 100g - I'm still learning!! :confused:

On the syn calculator on the SW website using the nutritional info on the link you provided :)

There is a free food allowance for the yoghurt so you can't work it out any other way yourself

Ah, okay, thank you! :)

PatchworkPuss said:
On the syn calculator on the SW website using the nutritional info on the link you provided :)

There is a free food allowance for the yoghurt so you can't work it out any other way yourself

According to my syns on the go app it's free?

PatchworkPuss said:
Which yoghurt are you talking about? The mullerlight is free but not the tesco coconut one :)

Ahhhh I see. I read the recipe and thought you meant that. DOH. teach me to read properly next time wont it xxx

Back