J2's Diary...Again

Happy birthday J!

I'm with teeney, I've added a screen shot of what I see your menus like, which is what I can't tell what you're having, lol. I guess it's cause I view it on the phone app and don't log on via computer.

I was interested in what you were saying about low cals and carbs up to 50g and it was making sense. If I have the time, will do reading about it too, interesting point.

As for another year gone, know how you feel and am in the same boat. This time tho, I am just taking my time and as long as I accomplish it eventually, I will be happy. Too many times I have set myself unrealistic goals and failed which has led me to over eat even more and a vicious circle ensues.

Great to hear you so motivated and pumped up!

Attachments

• 1377242870175.jpg
    1377242870175.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 45
Hi, I'm the same as the ladies above, your menu just comes out weird, so I can't comment!!! If you have a kindle there are loads of freebie motivational books available, some better than others but they are all interesting.

Hi, I'm the same as the ladies above, your menu just comes out weird, so I can't comment!!! If you have a kindle there are loads of freebie motivational books available, some better than others but they are all interesting.

It's probably because I use a spreadsheet with formulas. Not sure what to do about it!

Morning James - and happy birthday!

Just think, next birthday you will be a whole new you! :D Just keep on doing what you're doing and if you start to feel any wobbling come on, shout out and we can help.

Thanks all.

I never thought i'd say this, but I nearly quit low carb for Slimming World! I know I said a few days ago 'this is definitely the diet for me', but my parents have both joined Slimming World and asked me to do it with them and after initially saying no way I seriously thought about it. Had a real craving for oat-so-simple recently...I convinced myself I would do it, cook from scratch with lots of bolognese, stews, pasta dishes, curries and veg filled soups. I even made a SW friendly shopping list but in the end I couldn't do it. This is what worked for me last time and although I am less strict (50g carbs this time vs 20g last time for the entire time I was on it) I still want to be in ketosis. I may well have a bowl of oat-so-simple occasionally, a bowl of golden syrup flavour has 34g carbs with 200ml skimmed milk. I think being a little less strict with the carbs will help me maintain. I could see myself having some days where I am 0 carb for most of the day then have a single meal with 40g or so to remain under 50g for the day.

I know this isn't pure Atkins so if anyone wants to throw me out on to low carb I don't mind :D

Hi James,

reading your posts with great interest particularly what you say about veg.

i find if I eat a reasonable amount of veg I gain weight so I have to really limit myself and eat much more meat and cheese instead.

My hubby does slimming world but it doesn't work for me at all and I just don't think I can lose weight if I'm not in ketosis.

stay angry if it helps keep you motivated. I've just had the same feeling when I celebrated my birthday a few weeks ago. Another year passed with not much to show for it. I've got an extra decade on you though as I'm hurtling towards 40 so even more depressing.

Looks like you are really motivated to do it this time in whatever way works for you.

Wishing you lots of luck

I went to my parents' for dinner tonight. At one point my mum sheepishly said she saw my former friend's parents in Sainsburys and when they got talking she said her son was getting married and one of his friends were getting married. She then asked about me. My mum said I was single. This woman then apparently said 'oh, does he like girls then?'. I'm really, really ****ing angry. This is the kind of **** I am sick of. I'm sick of being an embarrassment to my parents. This woman apparently said 'oh yes we sometimes see him sitting in his little box' (I work at foreign currency exchange). Sick of being judged. Sick of being a failure. Sick of people looking down on me. I'm capable of so much more and i'm sick of being made to feel a fool. I was and am more intelligent than her son. He now has a house, is engaged and a decent job while I fail repeatedly throughout my life due to this one issue. I just want to scream and break something. So angry and frustrated.

Hi James,

reading your posts with great interest particularly what you say about veg.

i find if I eat a reasonable amount of veg I gain weight so I have to really limit myself and eat much more meat and cheese instead.

My hubby does slimming world but it doesn't work for me at all and I just don't think I can lose weight if I'm not in ketosis.

stay angry if it helps keep you motivated. I've just had the same feeling when I celebrated my birthday a few weeks ago. Another year passed with not much to show for it. I've got an extra decade on you though as I'm hurtling towards 40 so even more depressing.

Looks like you are really motivated to do it this time in whatever way works for you.

Wishing you lots of luck

Thanks for the reply. I love pasta, potatoes, rice and quorn etc so I would love to be able to do slimming world but I simply can't stick to it.

I find the more veg I include the slower the losses which is very strange but I know i'm far from the only one.

Hi James, welcome back and well done getting focused back on atkins. Sorry to hear you are so frustrated though with life, parents, comments - best wishes
Katie x

I'm baaaaaaaaaaack.

This gets slightly more humiliating every time I come back. This is about my fourth return from when I have simply disappeared and come back heavier (although the only VERY slight saving grace this time is I am a staggering 5 pounds lighter than my stats show). Each time I let you people down who take the time to post on here and support me and for that i'm sorry. Usually I pretend my latest failures haven't happened and start a new thread with some sort of BS title but not this time. I will start again right here, right now.

My reasons for coming back:

God, I hate doing things like this. They are the same bloody reasons i've always had. I feel like going to scream at myself in the mirror. Maybe I will tomorrow...

1) I need to look half decent in a suit. I need to go into an interview and not be rejected before I walk through the door. People ask me why I stay at my crap job for crap pay and take the crap I get. Very few have received the honest 'because I am fat and no employer will touch me' answer. Those that have think i'm joking.

2) We've just had Christmas. We've just has my nan's birthday. We've just had new year. I am so sick of looking round the room and realising everyone else is part of a couple.

3) I don't want to feel like an elephant when I walk and I don't want to feel like i'm bursting out of my work uniform.

4) I want to be normal. Maybe the first 26 years of my life have been for a reason. Maybe. Maybe i'm talking ********. I often wonder though, when other people tell me their impossible dreams, and I think of mine: 'to be normal'...perhaps this is a blessing. Perhaps this experience has made my dreams reachable. Or perhaps, my real dreams were never realistic because of all this and i've lowered the bar as far as it will go and am still managing to limbo under it.

I think that will do for now. I will post tomorrow's menu here. It might be a bit higher in carbs (30-40g) but it will be low carb. Apologies if anyone was offended by any of my language here and once again, sorry to those who I let down and whose support I have thrown back in your faces. I **hope** to make you proud this time. Well that's it...Let it all begin again.

Hi James, good to see you. I think many of us have demons and critical voices....you are here, with us, no judgement but plenty of support
Best wishes
X

Welcome back James!!! :wavey:

Don't be daft about your return to the forum - a) it's lovely to see you and b) I've come back to Atkins so many times I have an annual season ticket :D

In fact, I'm starting induction (again) on Saturday so we can be weight loss buddies if you like?

Like Katie says, we don't judge - we might focus on poo a little too often :D - but also on the menu here is lots of support, some hilarious jokes and much thread kidnapping :)

Last edited:
Hello James! Welcome back. I"ve just joined AGAIN too.. and carried on from my old diary. We are human at the end of the day, we slip up.. but the wonderful thing is that we keep trying and trying.. until one day it WILL work! I'm so glad to have this forum. I'm only a few days into induction but I"m checking into this website a few times a day to read other diaries (which is how I found yours) and talk to people in the same boat. It keeps my motivation from slipping. Don't apologise for letting anyone down, you haven't. You should be proud of yourself that you're back onto it again and taking charge of something that is bothering you. I have demons too. I torment myself daily, chastise myself constantly and yet I've recently learned to tell that bloody voice to hush!.. I"ve given it a face (someone I know that I can't stand who always tries to outdo me…) SHE is now the face of that demonizing voice.. telling me I"m not worth the effort or to just 'give up, you can't do it'.. .. well, I AM going to do it and I will keep at it until I win!! which I will.. and which YOU will too!…

Keep checking in.. get inspired. REad back through your diary… and take it step by step!.. You've got a great support team here already!.. and I'm joining in too :) Check in with you again tomorrow!

I"ve given it a face (someone I know that I can't stand who always tries to outdo me…) SHE is now the face of that demonizing voice.. telling me I"m not worth the effort or to just 'give up, you can't do it'.. .. well, I AM going to do it and I will keep at it until I win!! which I will.. and which YOU will too!…

Kizzie that's an excellent idea, I'm going to do that too! :)

It's certainly working for me Susie! I read it from someone on this site (Awful that I can't remember who it was, so my apologies) and have used it this week :) So far so good, that Cow actually has a purpose in my life.. ;) I am not a person who dislikes anyone..ever.. but she really gets my goat.. smiles to my face, very fake/friendly but so nasty behind my back… so it's easy to put her face to that 'voice'.. 'Go on… have a chocolate, treat yourself'.. smirk smirk… I get angry thinking about it! LOL.. so hopefully it will continue to work.

Back