DaveHedgehog's Diary

Back yet again for what I think is my third restart. Every other one has been short lived with the diary being abandoned after about a week. It's now make or break. I'm on the edge of doing irreversible damage and never ever losing the weight. I am now heavier than when I started the first time, my work uniform is tight and life is generally rubbish.

Short Term Target: Lose 5 stone 4 pounds by Christmas
Mid Term Target: Lose 8 stone 4 pounds
Long Term Target: Lose 11 stone 4 pounds

Philosophy:

I don't believe in clean and green. Low carb food is naturally high in micro nutrients so as long as I hit RDAs of vitamins/minerals I don't care where they come from!

Strategy:

Maximum 1800 calories per day
Minimum 100g protein
Maximum 30g carbs per day (Occasionally I will go to 50g if I feel it is needed to avoid coming off the diet)

Weigh in is on Monday morning each week. I don't know if anyone will ever read this...but time to get started.

Hello!

I wouldn't completely knock clean and green, I wasn't so sure at one point.... I think if you are losing as is stick to it, if not give it a go :)

Keep popping by, lots of lovely people here, very supportive :)

We're reading J2, don't worry, and we're behind you 100%! Good luck!

Do you think 5st weight loss by Christmas do-able tho, quite a lot to lose in 5 months, a stone a month (20 weeks left, 3.5 lb a week)?

I'm don't mean to sound negative and that you can't do it, I believe the human spirit can achieve ANYTHING it sets it's heart out to do. But, I have recently changed my thinking to slow and steady which has given more confidence and assurance to go on (only 5 days in, mind).

I'm just saying as I've set myself unachievable targets (over and over) and dropped out (over and over) when not been able to achieve it, even early on. I'm not saying that yours are unachievable, everyone is different, just something to consider?

I wish you every bit of luck, sorry for the essay!

Hi there J2, I'm sure you'll see some good losses. Don't know if you can try some clean green day - you never know you may like them x.

Good luck on your journey x.

Hi James and welcome back

I'm back on induction this week too so we can help each other out - along with everyone else - they are all so supportive.

As Teeney says, don't knock clean and green altogether, Jim swears by that approach for his incredible weight loss - I guess try one thing and it doesn't work, maybe give C&G a go?

All the best

Susie

Well, hopefully you didn't hurt your foot or break the thing you kicked?!

I know how you feel from the perspective of uniform being too tight and you are absolutely right, you, and only you, can change that fact!

In my case, I honestly believed I had a food addiction, I just couldn't stop putting food in my mouth. Since ketosis has kicked in I feel better able to control my eating and no need for secret eating and binges. I can decline freshly prepared cakes and scones. I now sometimes don't finish what's on my plate. :eek:

If you can get through that first week or so and hit ketosis, you'll be able to stick to it better and it'll give you the new start you need! Good luck! x

Good to hear on the veg front, I've got a yummy broccoli and spinach bake that's really easy to make, if you want it - for a day when the Premier League isn't on, naturally :D

Another good way to get your veg down is to make a green smoothie :)

Morning and welcome, you sound so focused and have really thought this through, if the going gets though at any time go back and read your first post and you will get your motivation back.

Morning, great motivational post, you will do it.

Evening James

Great to see your menus. I'm not a fan of them tbh, I do like my leafy greens -= but if it works for you, then go for it! :)

Can I help on the anger front? Happy to be a nice old lady that you chat to :)

Happy birthday J!

I'm with teeney, I've added a screen shot of what I see your menus like, which is what I can't tell what you're having, lol. I guess it's cause I view it on the phone app and don't log on via computer.

I was interested in what you were saying about low cals and carbs up to 50g and it was making sense. If I have the time, will do reading about it too, interesting point.

As for another year gone, know how you feel and am in the same boat. This time tho, I am just taking my time and as long as I accomplish it eventually, I will be happy. Too many times I have set myself unrealistic goals and failed which has led me to over eat even more and a vicious circle ensues.

Great to hear you so motivated and pumped up!

Attachments

• 1377242870175.jpg
    1377242870175.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 45
Hi, I'm the same as the ladies above, your menu just comes out weird, so I can't comment!!! If you have a kindle there are loads of freebie motivational books available, some better than others but they are all interesting.

Morning James - and happy birthday!

Just think, next birthday you will be a whole new you! :D Just keep on doing what you're doing and if you start to feel any wobbling come on, shout out and we can help.

Hi James,

reading your posts with great interest particularly what you say about veg.

i find if I eat a reasonable amount of veg I gain weight so I have to really limit myself and eat much more meat and cheese instead.

My hubby does slimming world but it doesn't work for me at all and I just don't think I can lose weight if I'm not in ketosis.

stay angry if it helps keep you motivated. I've just had the same feeling when I celebrated my birthday a few weeks ago. Another year passed with not much to show for it. I've got an extra decade on you though as I'm hurtling towards 40 so even more depressing.

Looks like you are really motivated to do it this time in whatever way works for you.

Wishing you lots of luck

Back