DaveHedgehog's Diary

Hi James, welcome back and well done getting focused back on atkins. Sorry to hear you are so frustrated though with life, parents, comments - best wishes
Katie x

Hi James, good to see you. I think many of us have demons and critical voices....you are here, with us, no judgement but plenty of support
Best wishes
X

Welcome back James!!! :wavey:

Don't be daft about your return to the forum - a) it's lovely to see you and b) I've come back to Atkins so many times I have an annual season ticket :D

In fact, I'm starting induction (again) on Saturday so we can be weight loss buddies if you like?

Like Katie says, we don't judge - we might focus on poo a little too often :D - but also on the menu here is lots of support, some hilarious jokes and much thread kidnapping :)

Last edited:
Hello James! Welcome back. I"ve just joined AGAIN too.. and carried on from my old diary. We are human at the end of the day, we slip up.. but the wonderful thing is that we keep trying and trying.. until one day it WILL work! I'm so glad to have this forum. I'm only a few days into induction but I"m checking into this website a few times a day to read other diaries (which is how I found yours) and talk to people in the same boat. It keeps my motivation from slipping. Don't apologise for letting anyone down, you haven't. You should be proud of yourself that you're back onto it again and taking charge of something that is bothering you. I have demons too. I torment myself daily, chastise myself constantly and yet I've recently learned to tell that bloody voice to hush!.. I"ve given it a face (someone I know that I can't stand who always tries to outdo me…) SHE is now the face of that demonizing voice.. telling me I"m not worth the effort or to just 'give up, you can't do it'.. .. well, I AM going to do it and I will keep at it until I win!! which I will.. and which YOU will too!…

Keep checking in.. get inspired. REad back through your diary… and take it step by step!.. You've got a great support team here already!.. and I'm joining in too :) Check in with you again tomorrow!

I"ve given it a face (someone I know that I can't stand who always tries to outdo me…) SHE is now the face of that demonizing voice.. telling me I"m not worth the effort or to just 'give up, you can't do it'.. .. well, I AM going to do it and I will keep at it until I win!! which I will.. and which YOU will too!…

Kizzie that's an excellent idea, I'm going to do that too! :)

It's certainly working for me Susie! I read it from someone on this site (Awful that I can't remember who it was, so my apologies) and have used it this week :) So far so good, that Cow actually has a purpose in my life.. ;) I am not a person who dislikes anyone..ever.. but she really gets my goat.. smiles to my face, very fake/friendly but so nasty behind my back… so it's easy to put her face to that 'voice'.. 'Go on… have a chocolate, treat yourself'.. smirk smirk… I get angry thinking about it! LOL.. so hopefully it will continue to work.

Hi James
Please go right ahead and talk about all the research - i think it's key that we all know there is lots of conflicting "data" out there. Frankly in the end the only thing that matters is what works for you and your body:D

Unfortunately i did an n=1 experiment on myself and burgen bread (even 1 slice) makes me hungry and put on weight even if rest of carbs low. DH however can eat 4/5 a day :sigh: Message to all low carbers is pay attention & figure out what works for you!

Great to have you back with the research links x

Morning James

Loving your research synopses and you have inspired me to go and read! Thank you.

Enjoy your bread today. Like Katie though, I'm a carb monster and one slice would lead to the whole loaf for me .... sigh ;)

Have a good day

P x

PS ... you might not be on a beach but you are surrounded by women (albeit I, for one, am in a dressing gown rather than a bikini!!!) ;)

PS ... you might not be on a beach but you are surrounded by women (albeit I, for one, am in a dressing gown rather than a bikini!!!) ;)

LOL very true!!! :D

I agree - it's always really interesting to discuss the science - why shouldn't these things evolve? I mean, we've all been pushing against the low fat, low cals mantra that the world and its doctor thought was the only way to lose weight.

Hey James. We are still here; nothing surprises us so come on back;) xx

I'm so sorry for your loss xxxx

So sorry to hear James (hugs)

Back