Low Syn Quick Fix

SG100594

Hi Everyone,

I'm pretty new to this, I'm starting my diet tomorrow. Generally, whenever I follow a diet I Google it and this is the first thread that usually pops up - so I thought, why not join?!

I'm looking to start Slimming World tomorrow. I have a fairly good idea of what it entails and am looking for snacks that I can eat at my desk or prepare in literally minutes whilst at work to eat.

The only things so far I can think of are:

Mug Shots - Free (Tomato)
Bachelors Pasta n Sauce - Free (Chicken and Mushroom)
Pasta and Cheese - Free w/ cheese as HEX

I am struggling to find a low syn sweet treat other than:

Mullerlight/yogurt
Fruit

Any ideas?

Good luck this week everyone!

You really need to start applying some of your free time to experimenting in your kitchen to get the best from SW - when you get chance, make yourself a SW quiche, maybe a curry loaf/muffins (both recipes in the Recipes thread, you can do a search from the box at the top right), get some eggs hard-boiled and ready to grab, crabsticks are always good, and you can also make yourself some free chicken tikka bites using skinless chicken, fat free plain yoghurt and spices. All of these are syn-free and eatable at your desk! You could always have four ryvitas (HexB) with a tin of sardines in tomato sauce if you like those. Mini Babybels are a quick and easy HexA choice. Fat-free cottage cheese is free and you can add ham and tomato or pineapple to it, or whatever else in the free food list floats your boat - again, easy to eat as you work. Don't forget you need to have 1/3 superfree with each meal (veg, salad and/or fruit).

Sweets wise I can't really help you too much, I tend to stick to syn-free yoghurts (sometimes semi-frozen) and fruit of all varieties! I do like the couscous cake but there's an ongoing argument about whether it should be synned or free, so look it up by all means and make your own mind up - certainly hits the spot for me though, as do the Weetabix muffins (HexB).

Best of luck and welcome!

The further down the line I go with SW the less I need to snack - which is good news for the future but I guess not too helpful for you right now.

I agree with swansong, SW is very much a way of eating for people who are prepared to do some cooking/kitchen prep. How about making some hummus and having that with carrot batons (certain hummus can be used as a B option). Greek yogurt with fruit and some honey (1 syn per tsp) is a good filling choice. An options hot chocolate (2 - 2.5 syns depending on which you choose) made up with water or with part of your HEA is sweet and can fill a gap.

Before snacking I try and have a cup of green tea and a glass of water to make sure that I'm not mistaking hunger for thirst and quite often by the time I've had the hot drink I'm not hungry anymore.

Have a look at what you're having for breakfast and lunch - are they filling enough? A good protein heavy breakfast (eggs, omelettes, lean bacon for example) should keep you going until lunchtime. I do usually eat something around four O'Clock to stop me plundering the cupboards when I get home.

Good luck

Back