Newbie.... My introduction

Hi

I thought I'd best introduce myself.

I'm new to slimming world, but not new to this website. I used this site years ago when I was following the slimfast diet, and then a calorie controlled diet, then weight watchers.... You get the idea! I've set up a new account as a new start..... A new start for a new me :p

A little about me:
I'm 30, In all of my teenage and adult life I've been overweight. I've always struggled with weight and enjoy my food FAR too much. I have a major emotional issue with food and have a habit of binge eating :(

I work for the NHS and work 12hour shifts, days and nights (which has never helped with weight control). I am currently on maternity leave after having my beautiful baby 6months ago :D

Time to kick myself up the bum.... Stop blaming the baby for my weight!! I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight and its still 4 stone overweight (according to bmi calculations... I am obese! (Although I genuinely believe you wouldn't know from looking at me)):oops:

I'm awaiting to hear back from work about slimming world vouchers where I can get a 12week starter. Fingers crossed that they hurry up as I'm itching to get started, go to my first meeting and get my books.

I've had a read through whats online about the extra easy plan and a look on here and have a rough idea of what I'm doing. Until I've been to my first meeting and can read through the books (probably a couple of weeks yet) I have no idea about syn values and portion sizes of my healthy extras.... But I'm going to stick to the core principles of what I understand and just be sensible about the other bits (syns and healthy extras)...... With any luck!!:cool:

I love the idea of the principles of this diet/life style.... The idea of eating as much fruit, veg, pasta, meat etc as I like is really appealing...... Although I have no idea how I would loose weight like this..... Only time will tell.

Sorry this has turned into something very long.
Wish me luck.
Any tips are welcome.

:bunnydance: Lotte.x

Hello fellow nhs worker :) I was same whilst working 13 hour shifts. Ran around all day and barely ate real food. Grabbed bits and bobs on go. Now I'm in a lovely mon-fri job so the routine is helping with sw. I don't feel deprived on this diet. And meals suit me, my OH and my 3yo so it's win win. Good luck with the vouchers, I'm just doing it from home this time alone with minimins. We can buddy up and keep each other going if you like. Wishing you lots of weight loss! Nat x

Thanks Nat

Ahh 9-5!! They had me doing that in an office while I was pregnant... I hated it!!! Office work was not what I'm made for unfortunatly . I love my job far too much to give it up and shifts are the only way to do it!!

Anyway... I have 5 months left of maternity leave and I need to get my health back on track (also need to fit into my uniform)

Day one tomorrow (of a very lose version of slimming world!) and I have my food all planned out. How I'll loose weight I have no idea it seems like an awfull lot of food.

Here's what I'm planning... let me know if I should change anything.

Breakfast:
A bit of melon (I'll eat it while babies having her brecki, we've just started weaning so like to show her how it's done!)
then overnight oats ..... 35g oats as HEx, Miller light and frozen berries.

Mid morning snack: Banana

Lunch:
Couscous with spring onions, peppers, tomato and a salmon filet

Afternoon snack: an Apple or some carrot sticks (dependent on how I feel)

Dinner: home made sweet and sour pork (with red onions and peppers) with rice

Again no idea how the sweet and sour pork fits in with diet and syns but it's a relatively sensible recipe and untill I join the group and get some books I won't know for sure.

X

I've realised with this I havnt used my HExA. Oh dear

Perhaps I'll have a babybell or something mid afternoon. Am I right that the portion is 2 babybel light?? Perhaps I'll just have the one and a bit of milk in a cup of coffee.... can I do that???

I regularly do half milk / half cheese. I would never manage my whole milk allowance otherwise. I just divide the allowance. I don't really eat babybell so not sure exactly the allowance but 2 does seem right. I am in a radiotherapy OPD now, moved from medical recieving so such a drastic change but I love it. The patients genuinely want to be treated whereas in receiving it was a battle lol. There is a sweet and sour recipe on the SW website. I think they use fanta zero or something similar to make it. Your day sounds fine though. I ate loads my first week and lost 6lbs. Had a date night to F&B during week 2 and managed another 4lb off. Its silly cos you do feel full and can eat loads but do lose weight. x

My first day on slimming world has been fantastic!! :D

I feel like I've eaten the earth!!

Overnight oats are the most amazing thing in the world... I can't believe I've wasted so many years not knowing this recipe! Nom nom!!

Lunch was pretty good... nice and filling

And then someone have me a free hummus recipe at my baby group this morning so made that for with carrot sticks as a mud morning snack (Although I don't think I really needed it).

My sweet and sour recipe doesn't look too bad (I think) from what I'm aware the soy sauce and balsamic vinegar are free (correct me if I'm wrong) and I just need syns for the tinned pinapple and juice..... it's a Jamie Oliver recipe ;)

I work for the ambulance service so I know all about battling to treat and do the best for people who don't want it!:mad:

Do you have a diary or anything on here Nat that I can follow your progress??.... I'm thinking of setting one up so I can ramble away to myself (and anyone else who might care!)

I'm an NHS worker too! I totally get the difficulty with food. Especially when we get so many lovely thank you gifts (biscuits, chocs) & me and my colleges love to bake. When you woke at 5.30am, had breakfast at 6am and either skip lunch completely or don't get it until 4pm, sweet tea and buttered toast really hits the spot! I have had to have a complete ban from even having one sweet/biscuit/chocolate at work or I'll eat it all.

x

I bought a pad with pineapples on it to write mine down. And I scribble wee notes to myself but an online one might help actually cos then others can pick up errors. Might start one tomorrow :D

I am currently sitting in mcds with a sprite zero while everyone else is scoffing burgers and cheesy bites and ice cream. Not jealous at all :mad::rolleyes: little one really wanted a happy meal so I thought why not for a treat. Not so fun now I'm sitting in it haha. Just not worth the syns though! Even the sauce is sky high haha.

Soy sauce is free and vinegar is too. Sounds nice though :) I love a 'fake away' feels naughty lol x

Back