Step 1 Sole Source Planned breaks...

emmapetty

Going for Goal!
Hi all

I thought I would ask some advice from those who have had planned breaks from sole source 1. I am aware of and fully expecting to have to go through the motions of getting into ketosis again following a break. I'm OK with this.

I had fully planned in a small 2 day break for a friends wedding at the end of April. I have chosen my food already, choosing the healthiest option from a not-so healthy wedding menu! The evening before I have been invited to her hen do, a very low-key sit down evening meal at one of her favourite restaurants.

Yesterday the same friend informed me that she has booked us both into a spa a few weeks before the wedding, which involves a champagne afternoon tea :mad:

I am just wondering about whether I should have my shakes, or not have them at all on these 3 days of eating?

My mind is in a spin as to the best approach. Would be very grateful for any advice.

Hi all I thought I would ask some advice from those who have had planned breaks from sole source 1. I am aware of and fully expecting to have to go through the motions of getting into ketosis again following a break. I'm OK with this. I had fully planned in a small 2 day break for a friends wedding at the end of April. I have chosen my food already, choosing the healthiest option from a not-so healthy wedding menu! The evening before I have been invited to her hen do, a very low-key sit down evening meal at one of her favourite restaurants. Yesterday the same friend informed me that she has booked us both into a spa a few weeks before the wedding, which involves a champagne afternoon tea :mad: I am just wondering about whether I should have my shakes, or not have them at all on these 3 days of eating? My mind is in a spin as to the best approach. Would be very grateful for any advice. Thanks :)

Speak with your cdc. When someone has a planned break I usually recommend that they move up the steps from ss to step3 over a week or two so that their bodies don't get shocked by the carbs etc. and it's a more gentle way to come out of ketosis and still be in control. It minimises your gains too. So I would recommend that on those days you follow a step three type of plan as the carbs will ensure that any alcohol you have won't harm you and you'll be able to go straight back down afterwards.

I went to Italy for a wedding and extended it to a week holiday when I was in the midst of Cambridge weight loss and I moved up to step 3. it was pasta and pizza tastic over there but I only gained 3 lbs and lost 5lbs in the following week.

Xxx

I am feeling a bit unsure about my consultation earlier today with my cdc. I wanted to discuss my forthcoming planned break to work out the best approach to avoid much weight gain. She advised me to buy lactolose from the chemist to flush everything out.

Is this really a good idea? Is it recommended?

Erm NO I hope she was joking!!!! I have just had two weeks off and went up the plans. I have no idea what my gain was but I got straight back on Ss and lost 2lb xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

She was deadly serious. The thought of doing it makes me feel fairly concerned as it doesn't sound right at all. I feel a bit let down to be honest and not sure how to respond. She also told me where to get it from and the cost. I don't think I will be going to such lengths.

As long as I am straight back on it afterwards, a stay the same weigh in would suit me, I just don't want to put on if I can help It.

Emmapetty thats really worrying! A cdc shouldn't be advising this sort of thing at all! Definitely work up the steps and then get back on it straight after and you're likely just to sts and lose quickly afterwards!

I'd have a word with her about the poor advice but other than that there's not much you can do other than contact Cambridge direct and let them know that this is what you were told. They can then retrain her and have a proper discussion as to why she is telling people those sorts of things. That's certainly not something anyone should do!

Oh gosh, I don't want to get her into any bother.

Everyone has different ways of managing weight, I suppose she just felt that she was helping.

I won't be going ahead with the lactulose, I will work up the steps and get straight back to it The following day :)

No worries. But if you were more easily led then she could be encouraging dangerous behaviour in a susceptible person.

Glad you're not doing it though!

Xxx

Back