So I might be joining Slimming World....

Blubell._.0422

Silver Member
I've realised I can't stick to a diet unless I have someone in charge as it were and checking my weight. I was doing Cambridge before but can no longer afford it and WW isn't available in my town. I'm really worried that I won't lose weight as I literally never feel full and there's a lot of unlimited food on SW right? Can anyone reassure me?

Welcome Blubell, I started Slimming World six weeks ago and the biggest difference is that you actually eat loads of food, more than I have in previous Slimming clubs. I have never been hungry and I’ve nearly lost 1 stone in 6 weeks.

I hope that this helps.

Welcome Blubell, I started Slimming World six weeks ago and the biggest difference is that you actually eat loads of food, more than I have in previous Slimming clubs. I have never been hungry and I’ve nearly lost 1 stone in 6 weeks.

I hope that this helps.
That worries me though because I literally never feel full and also never feel hungry....I can just eat and eat

As long as eat what is on the plan you are guaranteed to get a loss.

Hi Bluebell. I tried every diet you can think of, and nothing worked for me long term. I quite a bit of weight doing low carb, but it made me feel ill, and I wasn't eating normal balanced meals, so it wasn't sustainable. I finally did, and stuck to Slimming World. I found it simple to follow, and it has worked for me. Yes, not every week is a loss, and sometimes it felt slow, but the main thing was not giving up.

Hi Bluebell. I tried every diet you can think of, and nothing worked for me long term. I quite a bit of weight doing low carb, but it made me feel ill, and I wasn't eating normal balanced meals, so it wasn't sustainable. I finally did, and stuck to Slimming World. I found it simple to follow, and it has worked for me. Yes, not every week is a loss, and sometimes it felt slow, but the main thing was not giving up.
How much have you lost? Wait I've just seen....you lost 12 stone?????

How much have you lost? Wait I've just seen....you lost 12 stone?????

I did. I didn't set my target either until about 2 months before I got to it. I had a final target weight in my mind, but didn't want to set it officially as I didn't want to pressurise myself with it. For me it's mostly been about changing my mindset and what I eat for good, and I have focused less on what the numbers on the scales have said each week. Good luck with your losses

Well I joined last night so today is my first day ...I haven't dared add any syns to my meal plan as it seems like a heck of a lot of food already

I've lost 13.5lbs so far...week 3 weigh in is tomorrow morning...and I am LOVING this way of eating. I feel like I could carry on like this quite happily for a long time. I can eat real food and not feel like I'm missing out. As a bonus the kids are having healthier food too and are really enjoying all the soups and meals I am making. I am discovering I really like vegetables and actually I'm a decent cook.

I've lost 13.5lbs so far...week 3 weigh in is tomorrow morning...and I am LOVING this way of eating. I feel like I could carry on like this quite happily for a long time. I can eat real food and not feel like I'm missing out. As a bonus the kids are having healthier food too and are really enjoying all the soups and meals I am making. I am discovering I really like vegetables and actually I'm a decent cook.

Well done Blubell,

It is totally weird the way it works, but it does seem to work. I've lost the same amount as yourself since joining in September, I think because of my age it comes of slowly, but I am happy as there has been a constant lost each week. I'm pleased that you decided to join and I agree, food optimising does seem to be a sustainable way of life.

Great news, well done. Yes it's such a relief after trying out so many diets, that are often restrictive, to be able to follow something that is, well, just normal. Superb losses, and long may they continue for you x

Lost 4.5 this week and was totally shocked LOL

Well done Blubell,

It is totally weird the way it works, but it does seem to work. I've lost the same amount as yourself since joining in September, I think because of my age it comes of slowly, but I am happy as there has been a constant lost each week. I'm pleased that you decided to join and I agree, food optimising does seem to be a sustainable way of life.
Just being nosey...how old are you? I'm 48.

Back