Snacks St Clements Cookies

MollyMolly

Silver Member
I very rarely bother with cooking sweet recipes - they are inevitably a disappointment and, frankly, I'd rather have fruit lol.

However ... our group has a MacMillan Coffee Session this week, so I hope I've risen to the challenge. This recipe was originally devised by a fellow group member as being 'Free', but it is technically a tweak, so I've synned it at Red Day values - 1 syn each (including the drizzle of icing). I've also changed quite a few elements of the original recipe to improve handling and texture. The end result is a 'cookie' which has the texture of a rock cake or thin scone and is rather good - if I say so myself :D

2 x 400g tins chickpeas - drained and patted dry (25.5 syns)

200g Quark - flavoured with:
4 teaspoons sweetener
2 capfulls Vanilla Extract

1 teaspoon Baking Powder (1/2 syn)

2 Eggs

2 capfulls Lemon Extract

6 level tablespoons sweetener

Zest of 1 large Orange
Zest of 2 Large Lemons

14g Icing sugar made into runny icing using either about a teaspoon of egg white reserved from the above eggs, or a tiny bit of cold water. (2.25 syns) 053.jpg

Oven 180 degrees

1. Pre-heat oven and prepare 2 baking sheets - I used Foil Backed Baking Parchment sprayed with Frylight
2. Flavour your Quark
3. Combine all ingredients except the Zest into food processor and blend thoroughly until smooth.
4. Add Zest and blitz for about 10 seconds
5. Spoon mixture onto prepared baking sheets - I used a rounded desert spoonful for each one (allow a little room for spreading, but they do hold their shape quite well)
6. Place in oven for 20 minutes, remove and transfer to cooling rack.

7. Once all batches are done, place all of the baked cookies upside down on the baking sheets (you can place them close together as they are already their finished shape) and return to the oven for 5 minutes*
8. Remove, turn up the right way, and return to the oven for a further 5 minutes*
9. Remove, transfer to cooling racks and allow to cool completely before drizzling with the icing (I kind of flicked it lol)

Last edited:
Back