Very Low Syn Pork Egg Fried Rice Extra Easy

Pcat

Hope you enjoy this. I made it tonight after having looked a lots of recipes on the web and adapted one to suit my taste. You can use cooked roast beef, chicken, prawns, red pepper, spring onion, etc, etc…

Serves 4
Ingredients

1 medium onion, chopped small
5-6 large white mushrooms
1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
1-2 teaspoon dried chilli pepper flakes (optional)
Frozen peas
350 – 380g uncooked basmati rice
Cooked pork (chopped or cut into thin strips)
Dark soy sauce to taste
Chinese 5 spice – pinch or 2
1 tbsp sesame oil (1.5 syns per portion)
1 tbsp olive oil (1.5 HEB per portion)
3 eggs, well beaten & 1 tsp olive oil (0.5 HEB per portion)

Instructions
Cook the rice for 8 minutes so it’s al dente. The rice needs to be cold so that it doesn’t stick together. I ran it under hot water (to get off the starch) and then cold water and put it in the fridge on a baking tray for an hour. Obviously it can be cooked the night before.
In a large non stick pan fry the onion, garlic, mushrooms and chilli flakes gently in 1 tbsp of olive oil until soft, add the peas and cook for a little longer. Transfer to a wok and add the cooked pork.
Beat the egg and add some soy sauce. Add 1 tsp of olive oil to the frying pan and heat till hot. Add the egg and quickly switch from side to side (not circles) until cooked (use chops sticks if you have them or something of a similar size) They should separate into nice small bits. Put the eggs to one side.
Dry fry the rice, stirring it quickly so it doesn’t burn. At the same time, warm through the mixture in the wok. When the rice and the mixture are hot transfer the rice and eggs to the wok and add 1 tbsp of sesame oil, 1 or 2 pinches of 5 spice and soy sauce to taste. Mix it all through until piping hot and serve

Back