What is it about getting back on track?

FloralsAndTea

Thats so bloody difficult! After a very hormonal week and the excuse of a weekend away, I stupidly just pushed SW to one side and went feet first into the weekend of The Worlds Most Unhealthy Foods Ever. McDonalds (more than once!!! :confused:), panini's, chocolate, sweets. If it's bad for me, you can guarantee that it has passed my lips over this past long weekend. (It started Thursday. It only ended last night. I don't know why I'm calling it a weekend, it was clearly much longer!)

Now, as I'm trying desperately to clamber back onto the wagon, hanging by my fingertips, wondering why on earth I have done this - I'm curious, why is it so hard? Is it because I've been depriving myself so I've gone mad and filled my face with anything and everything?
Is it because all this sugary fatty food is addictive and my body got used to not having it and now I'm having all those cravings again?

Am I being ridiculous? What is it with getting back into it that is so chuffing difficult?! Do you have any hints/tips/tricks? Is anyone else trying to get back into the swing of things this week?

I also have such a hard time seeing a gain on the scales. It puts me in such a horrid mindset. It doesn't motivate me to lose it, it makes me feel like I have to climb a mountain and it seems impossible. I wonder if she'll let me not look and just write it in my book and I can ignore it until next week?!

I feel like I'm being dramatic but my relationship with food is so bizarre, I feel out of control when I'm not on plan.

Could very much use your wise words you lovely lot xxxx

Um wise words..... Ummm.......let me think.........

Youve lost 30 lbs.

30 pounds.

30 pounds of icky sticky fat!!!!!

Youve had a blow out. Now wind it in and take your well earned seat back on the wagon of weight loss wonderment.

Your signature says you have lost 30lb.. that is a lot.. you need to think about how hard you have worked to get that 30lb off.. do you really want to put it back on and work hard again to lose it? noooo you so don't :) So draw a line under the long weekend.. you enjoyed some naughty food and now you are going to forget it and focus on that original goal that you had in mind :)
We all have a blow out.. i just had a 10 day cruise and ate nearly the whole ship lol!! I gained 10lb.. but on the last morning of the cruise i woke up and thought boy i feel like crap i need to get back on this diet.. so i went to the restaurant and found sw friendly stuff and started again before the cruise had even ended.. because i know how hard i have worked and i dont intend to start from the beginning ever again :) you can do it xxxxx

Awwww bless, I've no idea why you did what you did.

I know I'm a target member & have 3lbs either way leeway but it is just as hard for me to stay on track sometimes. But what I do is don't let one meal/biscuit/chocolate etc through me off for the whole day, I keep it there where it was just that one off plan moment, I don't pretend it didn't happen, I always count my syns but I move on from it. I know that sounds easy/pathetic/not helpful but that is what I do, on Saturday we went out for lunch & I had a non SW dessert, but the rest of the day was SW friendly I didn't make it so that one meal spoilt my day, we also ate out Sunday (not normal behaviour) and it was the same, this week I'm keeping my syns low for damage limitation.

As the others have said you've done so well so far, 30lbs, wow that is an achievement remember that when you are feeling how you do right now.

I'm a target member too (I don't think my stats are up to date- I'm on 10st4) and just had a crazy weekend off plan. It is so hard to get back on it!
I think you're on to something with the addicted to fatty foods, I know it's true for sugar. I think the best advice is to take it one meal at a time and don't be too hard on yourself, you have done very well :)
Let's hope we both have a good week! X

Thanks everyone. Very much appreciate all your advice and kind words! I've been almost back on it, with a few slip ups, so I'm definitely going in the right direction xxxxx

Back