Wine wine wine wine

how many syns in a 13-14-15% bottle of red wine according to the new guidelines??

I'm confused.... I can't work in glasses as I never measure a glass out, I want the syn value for the whole bottle so I can just syn half the bottle.

The app just seems to have random brands and the book (although now is out of date) just works in glasses, plus I've also been told the higher alcohol wines are more syns.

I had been airing on the side of caution and syncing 20 for half a bottle of red, but my consultant has told me to check this, so it's left me confused!

Hi there, a large glass (250 ml) of red wine at 14% is 12.5 syns. A bottle of wine is usually 750 ml so that would be 37.5 for a bottle (if my maths is correct?) :rolleyes::).

You could always go for a gin and slimline tonic. Only 2.5 syns per 2.5ml of gin I believe. I love wine, but I love gin too so that's what I've been drinking instead.

No thanks.

I do like a gin and slimline (I occasionally have one on a saturday) but I love my red wine with a nice tomatoy pasta dish on a Friday evening... and I don't mind spending my syns on it.... as long as I'm doing it correctly!

:)

Back