worried about going onto a "different step"

im currently on the ss plan, have been now for sixteen weeks, had odd nights off and christmas but managed to nearly loose 4 stone.

i now weight 11 and a half stone, still have a couple more stone to loose but know i have to start introducing food at some stage, im just worried it will dramatically slow down my weight loss.
I am exercising, going to the gym three times a week so burning off my calories.

just wondered as im only two stone off my target off nine and a half stone how people have found going onto the different step and how much they continued to loose. :)

have you thought about staying in SS till you reach your goal? if you are exercising, then you should be able to maintain your weight with a decent standard healthy diet, you will be back to eating the normal 2000kcal that everyone else eats as you are not trying to lose weight just stay the same. personally i think you either go cold turkey on CD or you work out of it gradually

It's very important to do the steps, which take a minimum of seven weeks. During that tim you will probably lose some weight but from what I've seen, likely only half a stone - so I'd SS until you're closer to goal, and then start stepping up.

I thought you had to stop SS when you were one stone from goal - or a BMI of 25, whichever came first. That's what I was told when I did Cambridge.

all i know is you cant stay on ss until you reach your goal because then you would have to work your way up the steps at goal, and you would lose more weight as you slowly went up the steps, then at the end you would have gone past your goal - possibly making you underweight

-then cambridge diet could then be accused of encouraging people to diet until they are underweight. you still lose on the other steps, and you have to re-introduce food slowly as youve been messing with your metabolism on a vlcd - amazes me that people cant see why they cant stay at ss until goal!

knickers - i'd guess it's because everyone wants to do it the fastest way, and lots of people really can't be fagged with spending 7 weeks getting the last bit off when they could do it in around half that.

but i think doing the steps properly gives you the best chance of managing the transition to food..

Back