2014 - The year of no more excuses!
My main aim is change my lifestyle rather than just lose weight - taking stock of things, my diet is appalling, and barely do any exercise. No wonder I feel so tired and sluggish and blah! I love to get to a weight at which I'm happy with how I look, but how I feel is even more important.
My goals are:
- look amazing for my graduation in July (target weight around about 130 lbs)
- exercise regularly, at least 3x per week, and improve my fitness levels
- increase my fruit & veg intake to at least 3 but ideally 4/5 per day
- take care of myself emotionally/mentally too - get enough sleep, meditation/mindfulness, quality time with family & friends
- keep well hydrated
The first week of January has been crazy busy, and I've been commuting between 3 different places, so things haven't really got started! Now I'm still splitting my time between London and Essex but back in more of a pattern, so I can start in earnest to change my habits. I also need to buy a new pair of trainers for running in... tried an old pair and they gave me a massive blood blister on a pressure point because they don't fit properly.
Monday 6th January 2014
Food & drink:
- 400g New Covent Garden Soup Co. Lentil & Smoked Bacon Soup
- large handful of salad leaves (baby spinach, watercress, rocket)
- salt & vinegar Crinkly Mini Cheddars
- Kinder Cereals chocolate bar
- 3 small clementines
- about 1.5 litres Robinson's no added sugar squash
- 1 hr 20 mins brisk walking
- Not great, slept in too late - I'm attempting to shift my sleep pattern from evening shifts back to early mornings. An early night for me tonight!
- On Saturday 4th I was 164.6 lbs (optimistically low because I quite dehydrated)
Goals for tomorrow:
- Get up on time and leave enough time to get ready rather than rushing.
- Prepare healthy lunch in advance.
- Drink > 1.5 litres, ideally 2 litres.
- Spend half an hour in the evening on meditation/relaxation.
- Remember to post letters that need to be sent!