Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Hello Everyone.....! newbie here!

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    pommychic's Avatar
    Join Date
    26th July, 2010
    Location
    Chorley England
    Posts
    77
    Rep Power
    5
    Diet: WW Propoints
    Height: 5ft5in
    Start Date: 10/3/13
    Start Weight: 10st10lb
    Current Weight: 10st6lb
    Goal Weight: 9st0lb
    Goal Date: whenever


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 25
    Current BMI: 24.3
    Goal BMI: 21


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 0st4lb
    Weight to Lose: 1st6lb
    % Lost 2.67%

    Hello Everyone.....! newbie here!

    Hi
    I thought I would say hello. It's a shame there doesn't seem to be a place for Newbies to introduce themselves...? Or is there? I have started a WW food diary above and have been quietly posting away to myself. I thought.. "How rude, I haven't even introduced myself!"

    My name is Andie and I am 41 years old. I live in Chorley, Lancs and i am married with two boys. I have recently re/emigrated back from New Zealand and we are busy settling back into life in the UK. (Long story) lol

    I have literally dabbled in every diet known to Man...yep, I have tried everything. I just can't seem to push through and get the stone and a half off I am aiming for. When it comes to food, I have the willpower of a two year old.

    I thought I would give WW one final shot and get my backside into gear!I like this site as everyone seems friendly...Well hopefully! But it's a little quiet! Where is everyone????

    ta ta for now xxx

  2. #2
    Im always here!

    Treacle's Avatar
    Join Date
    7th June, 2010
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    8,444
    Rep Power
    308
    Diet: Slimming World
    Height: 5ft2in
    Start Date: 18th Nov 2014
    Start Weight: 9st11.5lb
    Current Weight: 9st11.5lb
    Goal Weight: 8st10lb


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 25.1
    Current BMI: 25.1
    Goal BMI: 22.3


    Statistics:
    Weight to Lose: 1st1.5lb
    % Lost 0%
    Hi Andie

    I know we've been chatting a lot the last few days but its nice to hear more about you so I will also introduce myself.

    I'm Stacey, 29 years old and married to Gaz.
    We've been together 13 years and been married for 4.
    I live in Derby but I'm from Nottingham.
    I've been doing WW since May 2014 and I love it.
    Like you I've tried other diets but I want to give WW a try. It was the new plan filling & healthy that tempted me to give it a try.
    But since starting I've also loved doing ProPoints now.

    Good luck in your journey and I will chat to you through our threads soon to see how you're getting on xxx

    Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    pommychic's Avatar
    Join Date
    26th July, 2010
    Location
    Chorley England
    Posts
    77
    Rep Power
    5
    Diet: WW Propoints
    Height: 5ft5in
    Start Date: 10/3/13
    Start Weight: 10st10lb
    Current Weight: 10st6lb
    Goal Weight: 9st0lb
    Goal Date: whenever


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 25
    Current BMI: 24.3
    Goal BMI: 21


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 0st4lb
    Weight to Lose: 1st6lb
    % Lost 2.67%
    Quote Originally Posted by Treacle View Post
    Hi Andie

    I know we've been chatting a lot the last few days but its nice to hear more about you so I will also introduce myself.

    I'm Stacey, 29 years old and married to Gaz.
    We've been together 13 years and been married for 4.
    I live in Derby but I'm from Nottingham.
    I've been doing WW since May 2014 and I love it.
    Like you I've tried other diets but I want to give WW a try. It was the new plan filling & healthy that tempted me to give it a try.
    But since starting I've also loved doing ProPoints now.

    Good luck in your journey and I will chat to you through our threads soon to see how you're getting on xxx

    Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins
    Hi treacle,

    Thanks for replying to my post..and introducing yourself.

    So can I ask which plan do you prefer? SW, WW Propoints or the filling and healthy? Which WW plan are you currently doing?
    1) Mini goal 10 stones by my birthday (4th October)

    2) Overall Target goal 9 stones. Aim to get there for Xmas.

  4. #4
    Im always here!

    Treacle's Avatar
    Join Date
    7th June, 2010
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    8,444
    Rep Power
    308
    Diet: Slimming World
    Height: 5ft2in
    Start Date: 18th Nov 2014
    Start Weight: 9st11.5lb
    Current Weight: 9st11.5lb
    Goal Weight: 8st10lb


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 25.1
    Current BMI: 25.1
    Goal BMI: 22.3


    Statistics:
    Weight to Lose: 1st1.5lb
    % Lost 0%
    Quote Originally Posted by pommychic View Post
    Hi treacle, Thanks for replying to my post..and introducing yourself. So can I ask which plan do you prefer? SW, WW Propoints or the filling and healthy? Which WW plan are you currently doing?
    I'd never go back to SW now lol. I sold all my SW stuff on eBay lol.

    I love WW too much and having F&H and ProPoints is great for me.
    I love both plans for different reasons.
    ProPoints because I can pretty much eat anything I have in the house as long as I take out my points (ideal when I need to do a big food shop) so use everything I have in.
    I also like it for eating out - means I can stay 0pp or low pp all day then splurge a few daily points to have on a meal out instead of using my weeklies.
    And I also like ProPoints for portion control and knowing my limits. Once they ran out you know you have to stop.

    I like F&H for the ease of being able to have such a big list of free foods without weighing and counting pp.
    F&H is ideal when have a hungry week (usually around time of the month for me).
    F&H fits in with all the family as there's lots of free food recipes and meals you can put together.
    Then of course the unlimited bread, crumpets, thins, skimmed milk for tea and coffees etc lol.

    This week I've been counting ProPoints. But I do love doing a mix of both plans.
    What about you Hun? What's your pros and cons?xxx

    Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

  5. #5
    Likes to post

    Join Date
    5th October, 2012
    Location
    Sunny S.Wales
    Posts
    987
    Rep Power
    32
    Diet: WW propoints
    Height: 5ft5in
    Start Date: 05/10/12
    Start Weight: 12st01lb
    Current Weight: 11st4.0lb
    Goal Weight: 10st0lb
    Goal Date: soon...please!


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 28.1
    Current BMI: 26.3
    Goal BMI: 23.3


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 0st11lb
    Weight to Lose: 1st4lb
    % Lost 6.51%
    Hi I only use pp as I find them so easy for 12 hr shifts in work. I can ping a ready meal (current favs are Asda own 1 Chinese curry and chicken hot pots) and have lots of 2 pp snacks , quavers wotsits , yoghurts etc. For home I can do much better than a ready meal so its a win win. Getting your head into it is the key isn't it. I have done the same Hon, get so near to my goal (which is about a stone higher than I really want so I get classes free earlier) but its keeping on it til the bitter end. Never mind we are still trying! It is quiet I have noticed but these things go in waves I think. Welcome anyway x

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    pommychic's Avatar
    Join Date
    26th July, 2010
    Location
    Chorley England
    Posts
    77
    Rep Power
    5
    Diet: WW Propoints
    Height: 5ft5in
    Start Date: 10/3/13
    Start Weight: 10st10lb
    Current Weight: 10st6lb
    Goal Weight: 9st0lb
    Goal Date: whenever


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 25
    Current BMI: 24.3
    Goal BMI: 21


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 0st4lb
    Weight to Lose: 1st6lb
    % Lost 2.67%
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobysue View Post
    Hi I only use pp as I find them so easy for 12 hr shifts in work. I can ping a ready meal (current favs are Asda own 1 Chinese curry and chicken hot pots) and have lots of 2 pp snacks , quavers wotsits , yoghurts etc. For home I can do much better than a ready meal so its a win win. Getting your head into it is the key isn't it. I have done the same Hon, get so near to my goal (which is about a stone higher than I really want so I get classes free earlier) but its keeping on it til the bitter end. Never mind we are still trying! It is quiet I have noticed but these things go in waves I think. Welcome anyway x
    Thanks for your post...and Hi!

    We can do this.... One day at a time I think is the way to go. Xxx
    1) Mini goal 10 stones by my birthday (4th October)

    2) Overall Target goal 9 stones. Aim to get there for Xmas.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    pommychic's Avatar
    Join Date
    26th July, 2010
    Location
    Chorley England
    Posts
    77
    Rep Power
    5
    Diet: WW Propoints
    Height: 5ft5in
    Start Date: 10/3/13
    Start Weight: 10st10lb
    Current Weight: 10st6lb
    Goal Weight: 9st0lb
    Goal Date: whenever


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 25
    Current BMI: 24.3
    Goal BMI: 21


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 0st4lb
    Weight to Lose: 1st6lb
    % Lost 2.67%
    Quote Originally Posted by Treacle View Post
    I'd never go back to SW now lol. I sold all my SW stuff on eBay lol.

    I love WW too much and having F&H and ProPoints is great for me.
    I love both plans for different reasons.
    ProPoints because I can pretty much eat anything I have in the house as long as I take out my points (ideal when I need to do a big food shop) so use everything I have in.
    I also like it for eating out - means I can stay 0pp or low pp all day then splurge a few daily points to have on a meal out instead of using my weeklies.
    And I also like ProPoints for portion control and knowing my limits. Once they ran out you know you have to stop.

    I like F&H for the ease of being able to have such a big list of free foods without weighing and counting pp.
    F&H is ideal when have a hungry week (usually around time of the month for me).
    F&H fits in with all the family as there's lots of free food recipes and meals you can put together.
    Then of course the unlimited bread, crumpets, thins, skimmed milk for tea and coffees etc lol.

    This week I've been counting ProPoints. But I do love doing a mix of both plans.
    What about you Hun? What's your pros and cons?xxx

    Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins
    well I am a bit stubborn and so I dislike being on a diet with lists of forbidden foods and telling me what I can or can't have!
    I also have a massive sweet tooth and since I came back from NZ have craved Galaxy chocolate which isn't available over there. I find if I take one day at a time and buy treat sized chocolate bars individually wrapped, I am okay as I can find a way to put it in my budget. My kryptonite (lol) is peanut butter! I could literally live off the stuff. But my god it is so calorific....or rather pointerific! Lol I am slowly weaning myself off the stuff but I swear I am an addict!
    1) Mini goal 10 stones by my birthday (4th October)

    2) Overall Target goal 9 stones. Aim to get there for Xmas.

  8. #8
    Im always here!

    Treacle's Avatar
    Join Date
    7th June, 2010
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    8,444
    Rep Power
    308
    Diet: Slimming World
    Height: 5ft2in
    Start Date: 18th Nov 2014
    Start Weight: 9st11.5lb
    Current Weight: 9st11.5lb
    Goal Weight: 8st10lb


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 25.1
    Current BMI: 25.1
    Goal BMI: 22.3


    Statistics:
    Weight to Lose: 1st1.5lb
    % Lost 0%
    Corrr I love Galaxy too

  9. #9
    Likes to post

    Join Date
    5th October, 2012
    Location
    Sunny S.Wales
    Posts
    987
    Rep Power
    32
    Diet: WW propoints
    Height: 5ft5in
    Start Date: 05/10/12
    Start Weight: 12st01lb
    Current Weight: 11st4.0lb
    Goal Weight: 10st0lb
    Goal Date: soon...please!


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 28.1
    Current BMI: 26.3
    Goal BMI: 23.3


    Statistics:
    Total Weight Loss: 0st11lb
    Weight to Lose: 1st4lb
    % Lost 6.51%
    On the choc topic. Try putting the individual portions in the freezer. They last longer and you feel you are having more.x

  10. #10
    Im always here!

    Treacle's Avatar
    Join Date
    7th June, 2010
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    8,444
    Rep Power
    308
    Diet: Slimming World
    Height: 5ft2in
    Start Date: 18th Nov 2014
    Start Weight: 9st11.5lb
    Current Weight: 9st11.5lb
    Goal Weight: 8st10lb


    BMI Information:
    Start BMI: 25.1
    Current BMI: 25.1
    Goal BMI: 22.3


    Statistics:
    Weight to Lose: 1st1.5lb
    % Lost 0%
    I buy mini bars of chocolate
    Not really a fan of frozen chocolate myself but it is a good idea for those who want to try it. xxx





Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.