*waves* Started today!

lorrs.mcd

:wavey:

Hello everyone. I'm Lorrs and I just started on Exante total solution today. I was on Exante just under 2 years ago and did well on it but gave it up when I had to relocate and start a new job. Now I'm at my heaviest weight ever with about 8 stone to lose :( but life is a bit more settled and it's time to give weight loss another go. I'm on holiday from work this week so I'm using the time to get used to it and I'm feeling motivated about things :).

So far today I've had the porridge; which was horrible and very watery, but I've just read a different way to make it up so I'll give it another go tomorrow. Next, I had a strawberry shake which didn't really taste of much but it was edible and I know from experience the taste will get better after a few days. Pasta carbonara tonight, which is also new to me so here's hoping that one goes well! Other that, sipping down the water and creating lots of distractions to keep myself occupied.

Any encouragement and tips are greatly appreciated and I look forward to chatting with you all on here.

Lorrs x

Hi lorrs, just to forewarn you, don't make the pasta as directed on packet, there is a thread on here about how to get it right! Have never tried it but hopefully you will enjoy it. Good luck with your journey!

Hi and good luck :) Yeah dont follow the pasta instructions on the packet. On the Exante site they've put this:

Update: We’ve been listening to your feedback on the new pasta carbonara. Some of you feel that the instructions on the packet do not result in the optimum taste and texture. We’ve carried out some trials and found that the following additions to the instructions should help you get soft pasta and thick & delicious carbonara!

1. Add 150ml of boiling water to the packet contents in a bowl
  2. Stir then cover for 5 minutes
  3. Uncover and place in microwave for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally
  4. Leave to stand for 1 minute before consuming

It's about what I do give or take and it comes out fine.

Well, I tried the carbonara and quite liked it, woo! Will be buying some more of them. Now lets see if I can get through the evening with nothing else but water and tea!

welcome lorrs, you'll get lots of support on here, good luck

Good luck lorrs, I'm new here too. Will keep an eye out to see how you do this week. You can do it xx

How are you getting on?

Ok so far thanks, day 3 and feeling fine today but was feeling rubbish last night and very nearly gave up. Oh well, onwards and upwards! (or downwards in relation to the scales :) )

we all have rubbish nights, so dont feel bad, its great that you managed to get through it without coming off plan. Well done you, hope today goes well.

Back