Only eating two of the meals!

alicimo

I know a lot of people will disapprove due to how low the calorie intake is, but I just cannot bring myself to eat any more of the soups. I've done everything recommended... added salt, pepper, chilli flakes... anything to make them better, but I have not been able to finish a single one, and I was sick after the tomato and basil! I don't want to sound melodramatic as usually I will eat most things, but it was so powdery and bleurgh!

Luckily, I really love the shakes, and I can manage the bars fine, so I've started splitting my shakes and bars in 2, half a shake in the morning, half a bar at lunch, and the other half of the shake and bar for dinner.

I don't feel hungry, but I've only done it for 2 days... I was wondering if anyone knows if this will effect ketosis, or if it will make my body go into starvation mode and my metabolism to slow down etc... I still have a lot of weight to lose and want to keep losing it!!! I also spent a lot on the exante total solution, so I don't want it to go to waste!!!:)

Hey Alicimo,

it's not just the calorie intake that is way too low on two products a day, it's the lack of nutrients that would worry me mostly. I know it's expensive stuff. But could you invest in another bumper pack perhaps with only shakes and bars and leave the soups be for now? Only two products a day is not enough and you are doing the weight loss programme to benefit your health so your health needs three packs.

Have to agree totally with BeeBeeSee

we have to have 3 shakes a day for a reason. These packs give us just enough calorie intake for our body to go into ketosis and lose wight. Reducing the amount by 1/3 is going to leave you completely lacking in the nutrients you need. I would invest in the month package with shakes and bars, and try to sell the soups on.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was considering this, I don't get paid for another week so I can't really afford it until next wednesday but I suppose I will do that then, thank you both! And I have just requested to join the group Alia so hopefully I will be able to use it :) Will having 2 shakes a day make the results less effective do you think? I somehow have the idea that the shakes are less 'healthy' than the soups...

If you are only eating 2 of your replacement meals you will only be getting two thirds of your daily recommended vitamins, minerals, trace elements and protein which are important for your health whilst on a TFR diet.

For example if you do not get enough protein your body will take it from your muscles not your body fat and it will eat itself and don't forget your heart is a muscle so it will take the protein from there as well...you need protein to repair your body, your body can't repair itself without protein...3 packs are essential for good health and you must take them if you want to remain healthy while on a TFR diet...no point in being slim if your skin ends up being dull and wrinkled and your teeth and hair have fallen out and you are deficient in vitamins etc...

You only have the one body don't ruin it by taking short cuts that have repercussions that will stay with you for life.

TFR diets are safe if you use them in the way they are meant to be used... otherwise you are putting your health, your looks and your life at risk.

Thanks for all your advice, guess I will be having 2 shakes and a bar a day now! I've joined the fb group now so will swap my soups for shakes if the right person comes along haha

I was considering this, I don't get paid for another week so I can't really afford it until next wednesday but I suppose I will do that then, thank you both! And I have just requested to join the group Alia so hopefully I will be able to use it :) Will having 2 shakes a day make the results less effective do you think? I somehow have the idea that the shakes are less 'healthy' than the soups...

Hey, no don't worry about it, you can have two shakes, some here even have shakes only three times a day, it doesn't make any difference. Only the bars are restricted to one a day.
I know it's a big hole in the budget to pay, coz it's a big one-off payment. I don't know how many shakes you have left, maybe you'll manage to tide yourself over until you can buy another pack. Don't despair though :) And have I said welcome yet?

:welcome2:

Thanks for all your advice, guess I will be having 2 shakes and a bar a day now! I've joined the fb group now so will swap my soups for shakes if the right person comes along haha

We don't allow FB groups on here or the selling or swapping of diet products.

Admin

No I did understand the issue. I was commenting on this bit from Alicimo

I understood this point to be whether having two shakes plus obviously a bar would be as effective as having one of each three, i.e. shake, bar, soup.

Thank you beebeesee! :) It's so nice to have somewhere where everyone is supporting each other, and that is great news about the shakes and bars being just as effective! The thought of another soup makes me shudder! I will have 3 'meals' a day from now on! :)

@ alicimo
Support is absolutely invaluable. I tried a total meal replacement diet before and I couldn't see it through. This time around, I feel so much more equipped to succeed, this board is going to be a lifeline I think. So get posting hun :)

You could always get the porridge and pasta stuff as well!! But definitely have 3 a day! We don't want you passing out on us!

You can have a combination that works for you hun - i have porridge for my first meal then a bar for my second and a shake for the third x

If you can't manage to order from Exante in the meantime you can also have the Tesco UltraSlim bars, they come in 2 flavours, chocolate and raspberry I think (I only like the chocolate) and they're I think £3.30 for a box of 3 so not too bad. You can have 1 of them a day instead of an Exante bar if you dont have any of those. I prefer them to the Exante ones so if I'm having a bar, that's what I'll have, but most days I dont have a bar, it's mainly for when I'm out all day.

Back