Strawberry Is not my friend :)

DolkaPot

So ...have tried all the soups and shakes now...strawberry was the one i was putting off...and i now realise why i did haha! Not a favourite but will have to learn to like it:) have had the vanilla and banana (normally dont like anything banana) hot and have told my self they are custard lol!
And im now expecting my delivery of the pasta and porridges so i can mix and match on days when i need warming up! Also got 3 free water flavourings as there is an offer on until the 21st if u order a bumper pack!
Saw a thread in here of using the porridge to make biscuits! Think i might give it ago! :D
Hope everyones getting on ok! feeling positive...Friday feeling:)

I bought the bumper pack of bars and shakes and have to agree that the strawberry is my least favorite, my son who is 26 thought he had a solution to the problem.........I'll take em off your hands mum.........errrrrmmmm no thanks son. I may not like em but they are mine so hands off !!

Haha! That made me smile! So true! Strawberry is definitely my least favourite yet never the less I sat and pretended to enjoy it lol! Normally with any meal Etc I'm "ohh have a try of this" to friends or family, when it comes to shake and bars its a completely different story..."I'll get a teaspoon so u can have a TINY taste"..haha! You know what they say...Keep your friends close, but your shakes closer!!! :D

Lol I like that philosophy lol!

my fiance is liking my ultra slim bars too much for my liking..... I'm keeping a close eye on them in case he steals some lol

Haha! You need a secret hiding place for them! What are the ultra slim bars do u have them instead of the exante ones? X

Yep I do indeed, there's a few more carbs in them but they still work and yet taste sooo much nicer!

They are from tescos and there's a raspberry one and a chocolate one! They are dear enough at 3.30 for 3 bars but they are really big and yummy lol

Strawberry is my least favourite too although I don't hate it. I was just eating my bar and my son said 'mummy can I have some of your flapjack' and I said 'no way, it's all I've got' !!!!

I didnt like the strawberry or banana ones at all at the beginning but your tastes change on this diet and now I really like them.

I've not had the strawberry yet so might give it a go tomorrow. Defo didn't like the chocolate one though!
I have all my shakes hot so haven't tried them cold yet.

How do you all prefer yours? xx

having the shakes hot changes the taste quite a lot, it's worth trying them cold too. The chocolate has a weird taste hot, I love it cold.

I've had them hot too coz I found somehow the hot water makes them thicker and I really like them thick. I liked the banana hot, but the strawberry and chocolate not so much, so will try them cold. I don't have a blender so any ideas on how to get them thick when using cold liquid? I've got the exante shaker but am not overwhelmed by it. Found the last shake I made with it quite watery.

the wateriness will be simply down to how much water you use. I make mine with 250ml of water. I have one of those shakers with the metal ball, it makes it really smooth, no lumps.

How do you make the shakes hot? I remember tryin once and the shaker exploded lol

You can't make hot drinks/soups in a shaker, it builds up pressure and will burst. You have to use a blender to make them smooth, I have a cheap stick blender, you can get them for about a fiver at Argos or Tesco etc.

When I make them hot, I just whisk hot liquid into them in a bowl and eat it with a spoon. Yea I did make a cold shake with 250ml in the exante shaker with metal ball, but I found it watery somehow. Maybe I used more water than I realised. Will try again. Oh I do have a hand blender though, I could try that. I suppose that wouldn't work on ice though, would it? I have read of a few making the shakes with ice, I reckon the stick blender wouldn't cope with that very well.

no you cant use the stick blender with ice, but you could make it up and then add ice after? Unless you wanted crushed ice, in which case you'd need a proper blender.

Yes, I'm sure I'll find a way somehow. I quite like having them for breakfast, main advantage over porridge being that they are so much quicker to make. But if I can improve on them, I am going to give it my best shot. Will try and add some ice after.

Laura (killer curls) tested me a pic of her shake earlier and it looked way nicer a any of mine did so I think we should all just get her to make ours for us lol

Infairness I really like all the shakes so I haven't been too desperate to change them!!

Im gonna have a peppermint tea I'm pretty addicted to that ATM lol

Back