First Few Days :(

MissJ-007

Hi everyone,

Have bought myself a 4-weeks supply of Exante shakes and bars, and start last Wednesday. I was following the diet properly, but by Thursday night I was feeling so drained, hungry and irritable that I decided to come off it.

I've read on here though that this is quite common in the first few days, and that it gets easier after you make it past this point? Can anyone give me any advice about this, as I'd love to continue with it?

Many thanks :)

Hi! I am on day 2 and totally understand why you caved, it is hard. However, it really does get better, I did 11 weeks back in march last year and lost 1 stone 13! Day 3/4 is the turning point, after that you are there! My tips are.... Water, water, water and distraction. Paint your nails, indulge in a hot bath, clear out the harry potter cupboard under the stairs! You can do it!

Hiya, I'm in day 5 - first 3 are the worst: 1st hunger pangs, 2nd HEADACHES (yes it deserves shouting, very very bad), 3rd shakes, 4th curiously good, 5th full over engergy. Its quite a motivator to not break ketosis to not have to face those side effects again. Try it again and stick with it - me and my friend lost 20lbs in the first week!! :)

Stick with it MissJ, that phase will soon pass and you'll be feeling great, it's only the first few days that you don't feel so good.

Do stick with it if you can MissJ - it really is the first 3 days that are horrid. I'm now onto day 7 and feel absolutely fine - the only cravings I have are in my head as I'm definitely not hungry and I feel great :)

A big thank you to you all for replying to my post...it's been really encouraging. Have started again today, so I'm just gonna persevere with the first three days and see if I can get through it

Please stick with it, you will really feel better after the first few days, please keep us posted and yell if you want any support.

Hiya! I've restarted again after Christmas and found it really hard this time round. I'm on day 4 now and seriously, if you can get over the hump it's definitely worth it. If you're feeling hungry at home, guzzle water and then just jump in a hot shower or bath and really distract yourself. I often paint my nails coz then I know I can't touch anything (food!) for a good 20 minutes without messing up the nail polish by which point the craving has gone. Take each hour as it comes and once you power through day 3 you will honestly feel so much better. xxx

Charlie Brown you're doing the right thing taking the paracetamol to get over the headache, it'll soon be gone and you'll be amazed at how good you feel. It's only the first few days that people feel bad, I find it amazing how I always have more energy and feel brighter in myself - hang on in there :)

Hi everyone,

I had a lot on last week, what with birthdays and meals out, so I decided to save my shakes and start again properly tomorrow. Feel so much better about the diet now after your posts...I've just got to stick with it and bear in mind that the discomfort is only temporary and that I should hopefully be feeling ok by next weekend.

How is everyone else getting on?

Hi am glad you're giving it another go, it'll all be worth it in the end.

All going ring well here, just finished day 14 so it's weigh in tomorrow so I'm hoping that'll be good.

Keep us posted with how you're getting on :)

Hi phild,

I find that most, if not all, symptoms pass as you get into ketosis on a VLCD. I am day 2, and not too troubled by night-time hunger so far, but am finding afternoons and evenings hard. I tend to drink lots and lots of allowed drinks, which helps a great deal.

I remember reading years ago regarding night-time cravings: 'The best cure is to go back to sleep'. For some reason that came to mind, but I am sure you knew and were practising that already! Hope the side-effects settle soon for you.

Good luck,
Tammy

Hey guys i'm on day 2 and can definitely relate with the headaches and tiredness - almost feels like i'm coming down with something. Thankfully I haven't been physically hungary but am getting lots of cravings in the evenings (i.e. when I would usually eat rubbish!) so am hiding on here until they go!!! lol

They'll soon pass Mr D, do yourself a favour and pop a couple of painkillers, don't suffer with headaches - on the plus side they will soon disappear.

Thanks Katie. Day 3 was definitely easier so hopefully over the worst of it now! :D

Hello everyone!

I am new to exante and on day two going strong :) just to get to day 2 is an achievement for me I have no will power what so ever.

Enjoying reading all your posts :) x

Back