Ketosis....What do I look out for??

Hi all,

Excuse the prob stupid question (complete novice) and really sorry if I am being completely stupid in asking.

I know after 3 days on plan your body starts to go into ketosis, are there any signs I can be on the look out for to identify if I am indeed there?

I don't want to buy the sticks if I don't have to (plus have no idea how to read them) if there is a simpler way to identify it.

Thanks in advance :)

Hi Kara to be honest if you've stuck to the diet then you will be in ketosis, some people get a bad taste in their mouth and bad breath but to be honest the only sign that I have is that I'm freezing, constantly freezing :rolleyes:

I can definitely concur with the freezing part of it! I get very cold throughout the day - I have to bring extra things to wrap myself up in at work! But I also get a strong metallic taste in my mouth as well as it feeling very dry.

Hiya,

I'm doing a TFR diet too I'm in ketosis now. I am freezing, sometimes you get a very intense headache (lasts a day or so) and a dry/fuzzy tongue which unfortunately will accompany bad breath !

Believe it or not there's virtually nothing you can do to stop this, it may calm down by itself

Well done on your hard work already x

Thank you everyone for your input. I was wondering is the cold thing was just me ha ha. Had a few slips but i am suffering with the dry/mouth and feeling cold so maybe they havent been as detromental as i thought

Thanks again :)

Yeah if they were affecting your ketosis I'm sure your tongue would return back to normal pretty quickly :p

Any time (p.s this is my third time for lipotrim! And all of these things have always happened each time - don't worry) x

Back