5 days in.. low weight loss

LVR123

Hi all

I started Exante Total Solution on Tuesday at my biggest ever weight of 18st... I did the diet previously when I weighed 15st and lost 11lb in the first week. I weighed myself this morning (day 5) and have lost 5lbs.

I know any loss us good and I should be happy with 5lbs, but being 3st heavier than last time, I hoped I would lose at least the same amount. I think I'm in ketosis as have energy & not hungry in the slightest.

I've stuck to the plan 100%, drank 1.5 litres of water plus 1 litre of diluted Ribena Plus (I know this isn't on the list of allowed drinks, but Slim & Save allow 1 litre of diluted Ribena Plus & I thought it would be ok).

It's not near my totm (I specifically started straight after I had finished so I have a few weeks to get into the diet before the chocolate cravings start).

Has anybody else had a disappointing loss in the first week, or know why this might have happened? I really hope it's not the Ribena Plus, it's the only thing that keeps me on track! Also had no caffeine or fizzy drinks as I know that can stop you going into ketosis.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hey!!
keep positive a loss is a loss as you said!! Ive read that some people drink up to 3litres of water a day so maybe increase your water uptake?? Ive just read your post and Im the exact same as you! Im 18st and I did lipotrim when i was about 15st and lost over a stone! i just can't let myself get any heavier and so this is a last resort!! i just started today so will let you know how i get on throughout the week!!

Nessie :)

Yeah that's a good idea, I'll start drinking more water.

How are you finding the diet so far? I'm doing ok but feeling sorry for myself when everbody is eating nice food! It's my own fault though, I never should have let myself get this big.

Good luck :)

Totally agree-Ive got no one to blame but myself!! but i feel this time i will make the change!!! I feel fine now after day one! though couldn't finish all the spag bol!!! I don't know what it is but it just made me wretch!!The veg soup was the same but i managed to finish that! I love the shakes tho!!I bought the bumper pack so Il just have to suck it off and get used to the meals!! I constantly have a 2l bottle with me so I'm going to make sure I get plenty of water!!

Good luck to you too!!

I was the same with the meals, some I foundwere inedible! I sold them on ebay & bought a pack of 50 mixed shakes which I'm much happier with!! They are nice if you mix with 50ml water then blend with about 10 ice cubes, the consistency is like ice cream :) willbe good for summer xx

5lbs is good weight loss I know what you mean though you expect a massive loss in the first week. I'm hoping for a big loss but I know sometimes it doesn't work like that. I would assume what you have lost is actual fat though. What most people lose in the first week is water from water retention. I expect that you just weren't retaining as much water as you were when you did LL. I am struggling with my water intake. I saw something somewhere that said you should drink your weight in kilos x 3.75 of water per day that makes my water intake just under 4 litres. I have just about managed 2 litres :(

That makes me feel better thinking it may be fat and not water, I did lose half a stone earlier this year with weight watchers so it could be something to do with that.

That water calculation puts me at just over 4 litres and I'm only managing 2 aswell. I'm not sure I could drink more - mainly because I am a massive hypochondriac and worry about drinking too much and dying :rolleyes:

I ended up with a loss of 6lb when I weighed myself after a full week x

Back