Started again.. Day 3.. Argh!!!

Well done on restarting SuperNova - it's always the hardest getting past that first hurdle of the first week on this.
The main thing is that you keep trying, this is my third attempt at Exante, having not made it passed 10 days and even then I wasn't 100%.
But now I'm on 13 days 100% TS and definitely feel like I'm in the right mindset to carry on this way.

You are doing so well, and well done on getting to Day 4! I'm sure you'll continue to do brilliantly and I look forward to seeing your updates! :)

Well done SuperNova. I started the Exante Total Solutions on Monday, so I'm also on day 5! Fortunately, I had a bad cold/bug from Tuesday - Thursday and totally lost my appetite; I continued with my shakes but the past 5 days have been a breeze. I am hoping that I'm in ketosis, although I've got limited taste buds at the moment so i'm not able to tell through the taste in my mouth...I may buy some ketostix. As I am now getting over my little ill-spell, I am starting to crave some food psychologically, but I'm just trying to keep myself busy and occupied.

I did Exante about three years ago, before my wedding, and I lost 35lbs in three months, so I know it works. For me to biggest challenge is staying on track and being mentally strong, but I need this as a huge kick-start!

I am looking forward to my weigh-in on Monday morning, hopefully those scales will motivate me...

Well done for being good last night! I think that weekends are the hardest...trying not to get tempted by all the yummy food! My family are having a BBQ tonight and that will be torture.

I'm trying not to dwell on the negatives and difficulties, and keep telling myself that this is only for a couple of months. Although the food/'treats' are appealing, they only has short term benefits and I need long term benefits! I actually quite like the feeling of satisfaction you get when you've maintained your will-power, it's uplifting!

I will let you know how I get on with my weigh-in on Monday. Good luck for yours... Rachel.

8lbs is great, don't be disappointed with that...it's equivalent to a large new born baby!
It's difficult to avoid the frequent weigh-ins, but I think it's important that you weigh only once weekly, otherwise it can be misleading and disappointing, which then leads to lower motivation.

I had a bit of a cheat yesterday...went out last night with my husband and had a piece of seabass with salad...drank a whole jug of water and no wine!

I've got a week off work this week so I'm planning on nice walks and the gym, in fact, I'm off for my gym induction at 10am. Just had my second attempt at the apple and cinnamon porridge...yuk! I can't stand the taste, but I've got a box of now 48. I can't bring myself to eat it so I'm a third of my supplies down.

Anyway, i almost forgot...my weight loss was 9lbs. Really pleased with that. I've also noticed that my skin is looking much brighter...all the water I think!

Keep up the good work and keep off those scales til next week. x

Oh no, hope you're back on track. You're right, it's totally not worth it...I've been there so many times. Stay strong and keep focused on your goal, whenever your tempted just remember why you are doing this and think of your goal.

I've been to the gym every day this week and done at least a hour per day. My energy levels are still up and down but I'm generally fine; although the exercise has increased my appetite a bit!

I did buy myself some sugarfree sweets today, as a treat. Last night I was craving something to eat (I think psychological more than anything)...anyway, I guessed it wouldn't kill me to have some in the cupboard, just in case!

Rachel.

Last edited:
Glad you're back in track. I know better than mist how difficult it can be once you come off those rails! I previously lost 7 stone on weightwatchers but have put over 4 and a half stone back on gradually; it's too easy to let old habits creep back. Pur a line under the last few days, there's no point in reminding yourself that you slipped up.
I'm happy that I've gone to the gym, it's a bit of a big step for me for it's great.

Also, another little cheat...if you're desperate to eat something, have some sugarfree jelly...it's virtually calorie free and no carbs, or make some sugarfree lollipops.

Rachel.

Hey supernova, how did you do in your weight-in this week? I only lost 3lbs, which is a little disappointing considering I've been to the gym 6 times, although I'm not disheartened as it's still a loss, and to be honest I'd love to lose 3lbs per week. It's been a bit tougher this week, and not always been 100% (substituted a few shakes with chicken salad and a multivitamin). How did the rest of your week go? Rachel.

If your're in ketosis on day 6 im thoroughly jealous took me till day 10 or 11 before I found the diet slightly easier. The first 10 days were dreadful!! I really wouldn't dare come off even for food week because I don't think I could face that first 10 days again!!

Back