To veg allowance or not to veg allowance?

gingerninja

Hi everyone!

I noticed on a few other threads that S&S plan dieters seemed to be apprehensive of their vegetable allowance and some even avoided (as if it might negate the speed of weight loss).

This hadn't occurred to me till reading that, because without the veg and slimmed milk allowance on the Simplicity Plan, the calories are not meeting the 650 point.

I would also worry about constipation without the veg.

So just wondering what your rationale or experience is of having or indeed, not having the veg allowance?

I sometimes have veg and sometimes don't- just depends if I fancy it! Maybe 3 times a week I will have it.
As for milk I really rarely have hot drinks so don't often have it but will on odd occasions.
No constipation issues so far and 10 weeks in!! TMI?!?!

I love veg and particularly salad as part of my normal eating but when I did Lighter Life the first time, there wasn't a Lifestyle programme or option to have veg. I do still do Lighter Life but intersperse with some SnS packs so it didn't feel right to have veg. As I've had more SnS stuff, I've introduced veg since January . I do find once I get in the kitchen to chop veg then it's easier to nibble other things. But I am really enjoying having something to crunch and I have made swede chips for the past three nights. I think if people really have that all or nothing mentality it can lead to eating other stuff, so they feel more comfortable particularly with larger amounts to lose if they don't have the extras.

I think my weight loss is less since having the veg but I think that is because it has led to the odd nibble. I think if it is all you've known then not an issue. I'm carrying on with it because I enjoy it and I'm trying to tackle that all or nothing thinking and it does also help avoid constipation.

I think the 650 calories comes from the NICE guidelines which say only less than 600 calories under medical supervision. The definition of a VLCD is 450 to 850. On Lighter Life you have monthly medical checks so around 600 is fine.

Didn't know I had so much to say on the subject!! :rolleyes:

Changed my mind on this comment and deleted it :)

Last edited:
Sorry I have to totally defend S&S in respect to the unethical comment. You fill in a medical declaration when you start the diet and it also asks you to confirm your doctor is aware.

They have on many occasions in the past refused to sell to people they felt were not suitable for the diet. Theyve put people before profit many times

As you said in YOUR opinion some people shouldn't be on s&s but if they're over the BMI rate then theyre fine to do it.

Last edited:
Nevermind;)

Last edited:
Back