◄ Feel guilty because you can't seem to give up sugary food? Don't, look at this ►

I read your thread title as Feel guilty because you can't seem to give up sugary food? Don't look at this :D so I did anyway :D

I read your thread title as Feel guilty because you can't seem to give up sugary food? Don't look at this :D so I did anyway :D

Surprising what difference a little tadpole can do to a sentence isn't it!

:)

I am still trying to watch the flippin' 2nd video, I keep getting interrupted.

Gosh that is one scary video! He lost me a bit in the biochemical reactions but it makes sense overall, particularly post dukan.

i cant watch the vids as out here in the back of beyond we have prehistoric broadband.... takes me to wtach a 30 second video LOL

Basically he explains how fructrose is added to so many foods these days, which he considers is reponsible for the epidemic in childhood obesity levels, particularly in the USA, and is also responsible for other metabolic disorders such as high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes etc. He explains why he has come to this conclusion by reference to the biochemical metabolising of various sugars: glucose, sucrose, and fructrose, which are all chemically different. What I hadn't realised was that fructrose was metabolised in the body much like alcohol, with some of the same side effects. I mean, we are brainwashed that fructose ie fruit is a good sugar because it's natural. Now I sort of understand why it's not permitted on Dukan until conso.

But the main thrust of this chaps warning was directed at the tendency - since around 1972- for American food processors to add fructrose to stuff willy nilly and then pretend it was all ok. That's a view I can understand, having seen how much hidden sugars are in food we wouldnt normally associate with sugar. Unfortunately, where USA goes, uk is not far behind.

Still forewarned is for-armed. Memo to self: ok to have fruit in natural packaging; not ok in added stuff - check ingredients list!

I think it comes down to the usual result

made it yourself = good

made in a factory = bad

keep it simple, get back to basics and all will be well :) x

Back