0% fat natural yogurt receipes

d14

Hey everyone. I have a pot of natural yogurt that I used 1 tablespoon out of...and the rest is just sitting in my fridge. Its out of date either tomorrow or the day after (can't check right now) so i'd like to use it up rather than let it go to waste. Does anyone have any recipes for dishes or dips using natural yogurt? I would really appreciate it, thank you :D

Pete’s Shahi Murgh
(Chicken cooked in yogurt)
(Loosely based on the recipe in SW curry heaven)

Serves 2
Ingredients
450g skinless chicken breasts (ff)
125g fat free natural yogurt (ff)
1tsp ground cumin
1tsp ground coriander
1tsp Chinese 5 spice
½ tsp hot madras curry powder
5 cardamom seeds
1tbsp fennel seeds
1 cinnamon stick
1tbs cornflower mixed with 1tbsp of water (1.5 syns)
*100ml hot water
* 1tbsp Mango Chutney (1.5 syns)

Method

Season the chicken with salt & pepper & set aside.
Put the yogurt in a small glass dish and mix with the cornflower (to prevent the yogurt splitting), also set aside.
Spray a large frying pan with Fry Light & add the fennel seeds, cardamom seeds & cinnamon stick, cook on a high heat until the aroma can be smelt (about 2-3 mins) add the other spices, mix together & add the chicken and brown on both sides, reduce the heat to low and add the yogurt, mix well and simmer for 25 mins with a lid on the frying pan.
Remove the lid and add the water a small amount at a time and mix it well only if the mixture is too dry and you want more liquid, cook for a further 5 mins until it thickens, turning the chicken to coat it all over.
Allow it to stand with the heat off for 5 mins before serving .
Remove the cinnamon stick before eating.

Have it with rice (ff) and a side salad (s)sff).
* If you like a sweeter taste add the chutney.

Shahi Murgh-1 (Small).JPGShahi Murgh-2 (Small).JPGShahi Murgh-3 (Small).JPGShahi Murgh-4 (Small).JPGShahi Murgh-5 (Small).JPG

I use my 0% yog on par boiled veg with cheese sprinkle on top then put in oven like caulflower cheese have made it with courgette marrow yum!

Back