0 point soup could be a lifesaver?

astara

I am new to WW, my first meeting was yesterday, so I am still taking things in! I have seen the recipe for the 0 point soup, and it looks lovely. My question is, can we use any 0 point vegetable to make a soup? I have just chopped up a load of carrots and leeks (both 0 points) to throw in a pot to make some soup, using up vegetables I have left over. Adding, coriander (dried), garlic and celery salt, oh and 1 oxo cube (veg). Can this be classed as a 0 point soup?

Also, what recipe variations do some of you use?

I'm thinking this soup might be a lifesaver for me, to stave off the hunger pangs, and if I could mess around with the vegetables I use it would stop me getting bored :D

Yep any 0pp veg can be used to make a 0pp soup :)

I make a tomato & red pepper with chillie 0pp soup its lovely.

500gms of toms, 2 red peppers, carrots, celery, 2 onions, garlic.....roast in oven for 30-45 mins till veg is roasted. Blend with 300mls of veg stock and add chillie flakes if wanted or fresh chillie when blending and its lush xx

Aww thats brilliant, I can get inventive with soups! So, if I made a 0 point soup and added say low fat plain yoghurt for example I can count the point of the yoghurt and that would be that :) Thanks for your replies.

I've made Butternut Squash and Cauliflower soup. Just add a chopped onion, the squash, cauli to a pan. Add vegetable stock and cayenne pepper (if you like a kick to your food). S & P to taste. When cooked, I blend it down.

I think it's yummy and 0 ppoints.

Ohh that sounds nice, I normally eat squash covered in butter and garlic and baked (ouch to the waist!), so will rethink and probably do the same but with just garlic. Havent tried the squash soup yet, but its next on my list of things to try :)

I've just made a pot with carrots, onion, leek, red cabbage, canned tomatoes, garlic and veggie stock - blitzed it with a stick blender and just had 2 servings!! It's really yummy and keeps my hunger pangs at bay - essential as I'm ill at the moment and seem to be permanently hungry!

Thanks Alwyn, I had some red cabbage the other day and served it with sausages and mash, my OH was not impressed, neither was I to be honest lol I will bung the rest of it in a soup instead;)

Which veg stock is free?

I just use vegetable bouillon!

Hi!

I make a really simple (some might say quite bland) cauliflower soup to snack on for 0pp. Sweat down 2 onions, add cauliflower chopped up, 2 chicken stock cubes and 4-6 cups of water and simmer for 20 mins until the cauliflower is soft. Then I just stick the hand blender in till its smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Not too exciting but does the trick!

Back