1/3 Super free foods at breakfast

LSK106

I'm new to this and going to start next week. Do you have to have 1/3 of your plate of super free foods at breakfast and if so, what do you have? Thanks x

Yes, you need to have it at breakfast too. A banana sliced over cereal works well, as does a handful of berries on porridge. Or just have a piece of fruit with whatever to make it up.

Have a cooked breakfast with mushrooms, grilled or tinned tomatoes or an omelette with them in. I sometimes have magic pancakes or a sweet omelette with fruit and yoghurt on. You can make breakfast loaf or muffins with veg in, have a look at recipes on here to get some ideas x

I've been having magic porridge this week. Today it's apple and mullerlight toffee yoghurt. Really looking forward to it.

I have fat free natural yoghurt and fruit - usually grapes, sometimes berries or banana.

I'm new to this and going to start next week. Do you have to have 1/3 of your plate of super free foods at breakfast and if so, what do you have? Thanks x

Its recommended at all meals but not compulsory, particularly if you are using your healthy extra as part of the meal xx

I try but some days probably don't quite get to a third. I think it all averages out over the day tho.
I go through phases with breakfast but its often a mushroom omlette with beans or tinned toms,fruit salad and toast with Marmite or magic porridge with banana.
On hungry days ill have a proper breakfast, or if im not too bothered I might just have fruit!

Its recommended at all meals but not compulsory, particularly if you are using your healthy extra as part of the meal xx

I was also going to question this as I was under the impression that using Hex's built some control into a meal? I have superfree with my other meals but not always breakfast if I have,say, eggs and toast :)

My new revelation is banana on toast. I'm loving it!!!
I don't think a mashed up banana is counted as free. I remember reading here a few days ago that if you mash up a banana it's 5 syns, weird if you ask me.

I've recently started having fruit and yoghurt for breakfast, usually I have cereal and yoghurt with no fruit as I eat at work and don't have the time to be messing around with fruit as well. I would sometimes have a banana after. But now berry season is on (I don't like frozen berries as they just go mushy when they defrost, and my yoghurt goes really liquidy from all the 'juice' (really I suspect it's just the water as the berries defrost) I can buy cartons of strawberries etc. and just chuck them in a bowl! Yay!

I don't mash it. I slice it

Me too - though I slightly flatten it with the back of a fork to stop it falling off the toast - I dont count that as mashing lol

Page 52 of the book, in the FAQs talks about superfree - if your meal is based on healthy extras, ie cereal/toast, then you don't have to have superfree as there is control built in. However, I always have superfree with cereal to bulk it out, likewise mushrooms or tomatoes with eggs on toast.

Its your choice - the more you have the quicker you lose weight.

I love "over night porridge" (leave the oats in low fat yoghurt over night. I use muller light) then in the morning I chop up some banana and bung some grapes in. Super yum and filling! :D
Or if you want to save your heb just have a normal muller light with chopped fruit in. :) It's what I had today because I knew I was having a big lunch (stir fry lol)

Most days I slice a banana over my cereal :)

Back