Extra Easy 1/3 superfree food??? HOW??

slimming

Hi guys,

How do you fill 1/3 of your plate with SuperFree with meals such as...

Beans/Bacon/Eggs breakfast?

Spagbol/pasta?

Chilli and rice?

Veg or fruit wouldnt really go with these meals - and especially for breakfast?

Thanks!

the breakfast i would have tomatoes and mushrooms with.

the spag bol and chilli would be made using tinned toms and i would include mushrooms,onions etc in it.

often have some form of fruit involved with my afters for these meals too.

Thanks lurverick! What a fast reply! :)

Can i just check...

often have some form of fruit involved with my afters for these meals too.

So could i have a meal of free foods (red/green) -- then for afters have a big bowl of fruit to meet the "1/3 rule"

I used to love having a pack of lite-super noodles for dinner (easy,quick) -- but on EE - it would mean having something with them i dont really want. If i could just have some fruit after them, and that makes it ok -- that would be amazing!!! :D

its a bit of a 'grey' area......some people will say yes,others no!
but most people i know do do it this way and an awful lot of people do do this and as long as they have eaten 1/3rd superfree over the course of their day are happy with it.

sw themselves say they 'suggest 1/3rd' superfree for the best results....its not a hard,fast,must do rule although most-including myself tbh take it this way.

i do it like that - fruit for afters - and its never done me any harm!!! but obviously if you found it didnt agree with you/are eating for the sake of it etc then its the first thing you come to change.

I agree with lurverick.

I have mushrooms and tomatoes for breakfast with bacon and eggs but I also have melon or other fruit to bulk up the 1/3.

With the other meals that you mention, if you add onions, tinned tomatoes, mushrooms and maybe some chopped peppers they all count.

I always tend to have a huge bowl of fruit after or before a meal anyway - I'd never heard that that wouldn't be counted. And it makes me feel better too.

Hope that helps

FD
xxx

Ive started back doing green days cos i know i cant always manage the third superfreee. I tend to only have meat for tea anyway so can work that in using heb. Having done ww in the past i have gotten into the habit of having salad or cooked veg on the side with my meals so you could still do this with things like spag bol and chilli surely.

Last edited:
i just buy loads of salad, i eat it with almost everything. so i put a base layer of salad on my plate, then i'll put a portion of pasta and then the topping, tuna or chicken for example, this way i find i don't eat massive amounts that i would have without the salad. but thats just me, i am loving salad at the moment...plus its cheap in lidl's. for the main meal of the day i incorporate onions and carrots etc in bolognese or cottage pie etc. so basically at the moment i am bargain buying salad, i'm sure i will be sick of the sight of it soon :)

Your superfree foods don't have to be on the side, any veggies you include in making the dish also count. So tomatoes, mushrooms and carrots in your spag bol, or peppers and onions in the chilli. It is really easy to load your meal with veggies and boost your superfree count.

The ideal is that you have the superfree foods as part of the meal rather than after, as that way you limit the amount of free food you consume simply because there is less room on the plate for it. You could eat a huge plate of pasta with no superfree content in it and then if you eat fruit afterwards you are simply increasing your calorie intake by eating more food.

If i struggle to add it to the meal i tend to fry off some asparagus in frylight, salt and pepper and have it as a starter whilst the main meal is cooking.... it's yummy too

I try to plan my meals around the superfree, so I have something with fruit for breakfast, something with salad for lunch and something with veg for dinner :)

I tend to have my superfree over the course of the day. BUt having said that I do use loads of mushrooms onions and peppers in my cooking regardless of what im cooking. lol I also snack on superfree food as well

xxx

Can only agree with what others have said. I have egg on toast most breakfasts and always do a pile of mushrooms with it

With any pasta dish or chilli I have a side salad. With any hot dish like a dinner I have loads of veg. Even if I have a jacket spud with cottage cheese for lunch I either do a side salad or some mushrooms to go on top

Meant to say - my lifesavers are those packets of frozen steam fresh veg that you stick in the microwave for a few minutes

Not the biggest fan of EE (more of a red girl) as I believe you must have your SF with or before the meal as Circes said, fruit afterwards has no limiting effect... a good way is a bowl of veggie soup/salad before lunch/dinner. I always get big losses when I eat lots of homemade soups xx

i have fruit and a yogurt for breakfast, jacket with tuna and salad or something like that for lunch (if i have my version of comfort food i always have fruit as have a large apetite) and 'hide' all my sf veg in my dinners, my basic ingredients to most dishes is peppers, onions and mushrooms and tomatoes - i do alot of pasta / noodle dishes :)

Im trying the speed soup when I get home tonight Im going to nake a big batch and have it over the weekend to stop the munchys
xx

Also, you can replace certain free foods with Super free, like have butternut squash wedges instead of potato wedges or chips. I do make sure each plate has 1/3rd superfree, but I love veg, so its not difficult for me and is a good way of limiting my carb intake without worrying about it.

Also, you can replace certain free foods with Super free, like have butternut squash wedges instead of potato wedges or chips. I do make sure each plate has 1/3rd superfree, but I love veg, so its not difficult for me and is a good way of limiting my carb intake without worrying about it.

Same here - I try to limit the amount of carbs too. When I do shepherds pie I always cook a swede to mix with the spuds for the top. Roasted squash always replaces potatoes for me with a roast dinner too

I'm a big believer in "starters" - I don't like mushrooms and I wouldn't thank you for a cooked tomato, so I have a melon "starter" before a cooked breakfast (rather than having fruit afterwards, when it would have no limiting effect on what I ate from the cooked stuff), and if a meal doesn't lend itself to having SFree added to it then I'll have a big bowl of SFree soup before it because, again, that will have a limiting effect on what I then eat, in a way that fruit for afters wouldn't. :)

I don't like lumps of carrot in my bolognese so i grate carrots into it, I add aubergines, tomatoes, peppers, onions, mushrooms and if i have it a handful of chopped spinach.

And mushy peas are lovely with bacon and egg!

Back