1 DD and one UP day under my belt

Derbynanny

Gold Member
I started yesterday with the idea that i would just try one 500 calorie day to see if I could do it and if i could would mybe think about doing another one.

Amazingly i did not die from starvation on 500 cals!! AND i ran 4 miles in the morning (one of my big owrries with judd is would i be able to continue to workout 5 days a week and do JUDD)

I planned my caloires very carefully as I knew I need to eat real food and needed the most bang for my buck.

So my menu was

Breakfast
fat free yogurt 100g
raspberries 100g

( a big bowl of food for under 100 calories in fact you cna have 150 g frozen raspberries and 100g yog for 100 cals)

Lunch
a subway ham and turkey salad with no dressing and just lettuce toms and cucumber (113 calories)
again a big bowl of food and plenty of chewing

Dinner
Quorn curry with 75 g quorn, passatta, onion,peppers. mushrooms and courgettes and seasoning

again a big filling bowl of food for only 250 calories

Today was a trip to cadbury's world

and was shocked to realise that i was not ravenous and was not stuffing in food at every turn but throughly enjoyed my day out with no guilt for breaking my diet.

Tomorrow is a DD and again i have it all planned out for low cal meals that fill my plate

Caffeine free diet coke is my DD treat to take the edge off hungry moments

Looking forward to seeing if i can make it through another DD tomorrow (i actually believe that I will :))

Well done!

I had my first day today and despite my reservations managed under 500 cals!
Lots of home made soup got me through it!

Gill x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Derby nanny,

Yes let's-that would be great. I'm hoping this is a diet I can stick to for more than a week or so-not my string point.
Felt bit crappy this morning as had hangover, but managed a run later on and intend to do this daily too (treadmill).
I'm also still getting to grips with this ap too (so apologies in advance!)
Need to get to sleep or might be tempted to sneak down to kitchen at midnight ?

Yeah-been doing HIIT for a few years now. Firstly to lose, then keep weight off.
But slowly creeping in (I've not pushed myself like I used to as set myself a stupid New Years resolution to do 2012km in 2012), and running up the distance has made me slack a bit with intensity of run (I'm sure you'll know what I mean). Aim for about 4 miles a day (usually 29 mins x2).
Hoping JUDDD can sort this last stone(ish) out for me.
G x

What is HIT ?

4 miles a day is impressive I know what you mean by goal setting and getting too focused n one thing and not seeing the big picture.

I am just getting back properly into running after a year of difficulties and have to remind myself that being able to run regularly at the moment is a blessing and i should not expect to be upping the mileage and getting my speed back at the same time (but don't always listen to myself!)

We are very close in weight and the same height as well. I have my goal as 10 10 (currently 11 1 officially at the start of JUDDDD but had a sneak peak after my down day and i was 10 13.5 :) but ideally would like to be in the low 10s but have always found that hard to get to and very difficult to sustain. Hoping that Judddd will help me get there and maybe even to 9 13 a weight i have seen a handful of times in my adult life and never for more than a couple of days LOL.

Have got a very bad cold so Hubby has insisted i miss my military fitness training so going to have a lazy day which is probably not a bad thing on my second down day.

Have a great day

Teresa

HIIT is high intensity interval training. Running really fast for 30secs then walking for a min? Supposedly makes the heart believe running fast for longer and burns cals well past when the run is over. I do the odd run outside too.
Gosh our weights and targets are v similar. When I first started doing this I got to 10.1, for like ten minutes, but I've always has 9.13 as my absolute dream-never managed it. My first aim is 10.7, I feel kinda slim at that ( and I've a ton of clothes that ill get back into then).
I'm stupid at goal setting too-, can't believe the pressure I've allowed this target to put upon myself-should have chucked it after 2 weeks. I'm blaming lance Armstrong-at NewYear he put on twitter 'try and do 2012 during 2012' -should have chosen cycling?

Sounds interesting 10 7 and maintaining it would be good for me too(maintaining it being the key) Maintaining it and still occasionly going out and not being obsessed with what I eat would be perfection.

If i lose this week after going to cadbury world yesterday I will be ecstatic :)

Cadbury World-I can only imagine in my dreams....ha. What's your official weigh day (or do you jump on every morning like me-as your NOT supposed to?)

Cadbury World was heavenly :) My offical wi day is friday but i am a chronic scale hopper BUT i really do want to try and not obsessively weigh ha ha like i will stick to that just have to be careful to not get disheartened if i accidently fall on the scales after an UP day.

Me too.
feel odd today only 1lb down on yesterday. My current weight today 11.2 (was on hols sun-Thur last week at Disney Paris), hence the weight gain. Anyway, feel like should be 'careful' today BUT want to enjoy an up day. Confused

BAck away from the scales 1 pound down is fabulous :) But nothing counts until your official weigh in and you have only done one day after a holiday so your body will need some time to adjust.

Just enjoy the UP day if you want to be careful count and stick to the 2000 calories

You can do it. Do you want to make a pact to stay off the scales until wi day? (when ar eyou goign to offically weigh ? Don't forget it needs to be after a dd

T

Tuesday then? Official weigh day Thursday (I see my trainer every 2nd Thursday to kick my bum and make me really run!), but I know I'll jump on before then.
G x

Enjoy your melon. I've just made my jelly for tomoz.
Ended up at a buffet for dinner so impossible to count cals. Am full but wasn't majorly greedy
G x

Are you going to count up day cals ? I am not unless i struggle to lose weight if i have to count all days I will soon give up hate counting which is why SW has been my most successful diet.

I was hoping to do a 10 mile run tomorrow but feeling rubbish with this cold. Going to wait until after lunch and if i feel good enough will go and run but decide whilst out how far. I mostly do not work on mondays.

Good luck for your DD must make jelly for tuesday as will have a 12 hour work day (followed by running club if i get out of work on time) so will have to take my days food with me but Most of it is already prepared . Leftover soup and veggie curry.

T

10miles-wow-you are a serious runner!
yeah-planning to count about 2000 but like I said was not able to today (had 500 up to dinner), but lots of folk don't seem to and varying opinions on if its necessary to or not.

Hope your cold is away soon.

G x

Back