1 Hitchhiker gone, one more still hanging on, but not for long!!

Lily42uk

Gold Member
Wow where do I begin, my story starts 40 years ago when I first developed my bad eating habits.
Since then I have been on every eating plan, diet and fad weight loss programme imaginable, and to be fair I have had some astounding results, all of which have never lasted and all of which were accomplished without understanding what eating healthily was really all about.
5th of November 2010 I was cajoled by my daughter to join her local S/W group and I thought I would go along to keep her company, but didn't really think I could or would lose any more weight, as I had been dieting for the 3 years prior to this and had in that time lost 6+ stone, but for the year leading up to joining had remained at 25st+...so as I said with a lot of trepidation and not a lot of hope I set off and wasn't really shocked when I weighed in at 25st 3lb. So I went into the meeting and met my consultant Clive or God as I like to call him lol, who took me through the S/W talk and still I wasn't committed and didn't really think it would work especially as he had pointed out how much I could eat. I remember thinking no way is this going to work and when I weighed in the following week and I had maintained I was bitterly disappointed but also not really shocked. The day before I joined I had started a course of chemotherapy for a skin condition and that was on my mind and taking up my energy and making me feel a little depressed, I then missed my next weigh in as I had a very bad chest infection and had literally stuffed my face all week with rubbish to make me feel a bit better about how I was feeling, funny how others lose their appetite when they are ill, mine always becomes more voracious. So the following week I felt bad as I had stuffed myself and decided to really give the programme a good go before I gave up and when I got on those scales and they said I had lost 10lb and still, in my opinion, I had stuffed myself silly, I was gob smacked and then really up for the challenge which I have never ever looked back from. I have lost 49lbs in 7 months and I am happy with that and looking forward to keeping it going, although I do have some really bad times like everyone else, plus I am on a heavy dose of steroids which I take 90% of the time and which I think from time to time have a small effect on my weight loss or gains.
Well that's all about me and now to my food diary.
good luck everyone xx

That is what I wrote when I first joined Minimins in 2011 and still my journey continues, from the very second that I started to lose weight following SW, until today I have lost a total of 12st 1.5lbs, the last year I almost threw the towel in after a major fall left me unable to move my right arm, neck or shoulder...it is improving and I am able to slowly get back to exercising like I was just 12 months ago, but having to take it easier...all through the ups and downs of the last year and there have been many more downs than ups, I have continued to attend my group, I am approximately half a stone lighter than I was this time last year which in it's own way is a victory for me, in over 40 years of trying to lose weight I have never ever maintained which is basically what I have done over the last year.
My psoriasis is even more out of control and on Wednesday I have an appointment with my dermatologist and hopefully I will be granted the chance of trying out a new medication that has been working wonders :fingerscrossed:
I am very excited and raring to go again, I have a couple of weddings coming up, my daughter and my niece who is very much like a daughter to me, are both getting married in the next 2 years and that then gives me that amount of time to get the rest of this weight gone and believe me, it will go this time!!!
It's good to be back and posting again, Time to kick the butt of this remaining hitchhiker, so let's get on with this show xxx:hug99:xxx

Food Diary Saturday 3rd January 2015

Breakfast
35g Porridge Hexb
250ml Semi skimmed milk Hexa
Mixed Berries
Mullerlight Mandarin Yogurt
Coffee with dash of milk and sweetener 0.5 syns
1 pint of Water

Lunch
Home made Veg Soup (Parsnip, Carrots, Butternut Squash, Swede, Celeriac, Celery, Onions, Garlic, Shredded Cabbage, Pearl Barley, Lentils, Tomaotes and Stock)
1 slice Wholemeal bread 2.5 syns
1 Pint of water
Pear and Satsuma

Dinner
Home made Chicken Pie 6 syns
Petit Pois
Roasted Butternut Squash
Cauliflower
Boiled Potatoes
100g Gravy
1.5 syns
1 Pint of Water
2 Satsumas
1 Apple

Supper
Jelly 0.5 syns
Banana
2 x tea 1 syn

2 Pints Water

Syns for today = 12

Water for today = 5 pints

Hi lily
Glad to see you back xx:)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

hi lily, welcome back, I remember reading your diaries in the past and watching your progress, I'm sure you can do it x

Hi lily
Glad to see you back xx:)

Hello hun, thank you, it's good to be back and really nice to see familiar "faces". Happy New Year hun and here's to a successful weight losing year xxx:hug99:xxx

hi lily, welcome back, I remember reading your diaries in the past and watching your progress, I'm sure you can do it x

Hello hun, thank you too, it really is good to be back and feeling welcome, I have missed you all but I am here and I am going to make this year MY year, I WILL do this, no more faffing and NO EXCUSES. Onwards and Upwards xxx:hug99:xxx

Happy New Year hun. Just noticed your post in my diary and come to track you down. Looking forward to catching up properly. :D

Hello hun, nice to see you Happy New Year hunni, really looking forwards to a good catch up too, so good to be back .....I've missed ya loads xxx:hug99:xxx

Food Diary Sunday 4th January 2015

Breakfast
2 x Wholemeal bread from 400g loaf Hexb
40g Half Fat cheese Hexa
Tomato
2 x Satsumas
Pint of Water

Lunch
Home made veg soup (big bowl)
Pint of Water
Apple

Dinner
70g Hog Roast (from Iceland) 2 syns
Roast Potatoes (cooked in frylight)
Roast Parsnips with touch of honey 1 syn
Carrots
Cabbage
Cauliflower
100ml Gravy 1.5 syns
Pint of Water

Extras
2 x Satsumas
I x Pear
I x Apple
Small piece of homemade xmas cake 9 syns
1 cup of tea made with dash of milk and sweetener 0.5 syns

2 x Pints of Water

Syns for today = 14.5

Pints of Water drunk = 5

Last edited:
Mmm the hog roast sounds interesting. You daily eats are always so inspiring. Always puts my pathetic efforts to shame.

What do you reckon to the new SW plan? I'm not currently a member so don't know all the details but so far I'm thinking I'll just stick with what I know. well more accurately if I could "stick" to anything I would stick to the old plans.

enjoy your day. :D

Mmm the hog roast sounds interesting. You daily eats are always so inspiring. Always puts my pathetic efforts to shame.

What do you reckon to the new SW plan? I'm not currently a member so don't know all the details but so far I'm thinking I'll just stick with what I know. well more accurately if I could "stick" to anything I would stick to the old plans.

enjoy your day. :D

Hello lovely Patsy, Hog Roast was from Iceland and works out 3 syns per 100g, seeing as I only had 70g I am taking that as 2 syns, all it is, is a stuffed piece of pork and I am not a huge meat eater so 70g was more than enough for me.....we fed all 5 of us on 550g of that, we all had plenty of meat and it was £6,a bargain I am a stick in the mud where food is concerned so I have to make the effort to make or find different meals or I give up bored with it all lol.
I love the new plan, so much easier than the old one and a lot less confusing. No more red or green days and no more success express, instead they have extra easy which all member types can follow and SP which replaces Success Express is a doddle to follow, just half a plate of speed food and add protein to your plate and also have 1 hexa and 2 hexb, make it speed food that you reach for when snacking and have up to 15 syns a day, easy peasy. SW are also launching syn free ready meals in Feb they are £3 each and there are about a dozen to choose from, not something I would use regularly but good if you are having a lazy day or are busy. Hope they don't add loads more like WW, SW is always about making your food fresh daily and not rlying on ready meals, but we'll see how that goes, I am pleased that they have developed their own syn free sausages though, can't wait for them lol.....I plan my meals ahead hun that is the key to my success, if I don't then I fail miserably.
Have a great day too hun xxx:hug99:xxx

Food Diary Monday 5th January 2015

Breakfast
35g Porridge Oats Hexb
250ml Semi Skimmed Milk Hexa
100g Mixed berries (blackberries, blackcurrants, redcurrants, strawberries, raspberries and cherries)
Mullerlight Mandarin Yogurt
Coffee dash of milk and sweetener 0.5 syns
Pint of Water

Lunch
Home made veg soup (Parsnip, courgettes, onions, carrots, swede, leek, butternut squash, cabbage, tomatoes, pearl barley, lentils, stock)
1 slice wholemeal bread 2.5 syns
Pint of water

Dinner
Mashed Potato (mashed with stock)
Carrots
Petit Pois
Southern Fried Escalope 70g 6.5 syns
Pint of Water
Sugar Free Jelly 0.5 syns
Pint of Water
Extras
2 x Satsumas
1 Comice Pear
2 x Apples
1/2 Bag Wotsits 2.5 syns

2 Pints of Water
2 Cans of Coke Zero

Syns for the day = 13
Water for the day = 5

Last edited:
Hello hun, thank you, it's good to be back and really nice to see familiar "faces". Happy New Year hun and here's to a successful weight losing year xxx:hug99:xxx Hello hun, thank you too, it really is good to be back and feeling welcome, I have missed you all but I am here and I am going to make this year MY year, I WILL do this, no more faffing and NO EXCUSES. Onwards and Upwards xxx:hug99:xxx Hello hun, nice to see you Happy New Year hunni, really looking forwards to a good catch up too, so good to be back .....I've missed ya loads xxx:hug99:xxx

Sorry for late reply ,
Im trying to get back into it this week,
I had s knee op last May , was signed off work 27 dec 2013, had op may 2014 went back to work sep ,
I was doing really well up to my op got down to 13.7, then since my op it went all out the window, I've yo-yo'd since with the same 20 or so pounds, I vowed this week I get myself sorted but the first few days are hard and yesterday was ok tiill I got to chans my OH , it's late when I get here from work having to get the train then I can't be bothered really cooking as there's is nothing in till I shop today for the next few days , I go bk Friday for work at lunchtime ,
As for my knee its in s bad way I need a replacement but consultant says I'm too young but then says he not seen a knee as bad in someone my age and knows il be struggling ,
So I'm knocking painkillers and anti inflamatries like no ones business ,
Anyway that's where I'm up to , sorry for the waffle lol
Take care lily xxx

Sorry for late reply ,
Im trying to get back into it this week,
I had s knee op last May , was signed off work 27 dec 2013, had op may 2014 went back to work sep ,
I was doing really well up to my op got down to 13.7, then since my op it went all out the window, I've yo-yo'd since with the same 20 or so pounds, I vowed this week I get myself sorted but the first few days are hard and yesterday was ok tiill I got to chans my OH , it's late when I get here from work having to get the train then I can't be bothered really cooking as there's is nothing in till I shop today for the next few days , I go bk Friday for work at lunchtime ,
As for my knee its in s bad way I need a replacement but consultant says I'm too young but then says he not seen a knee as bad in someone my age and knows il be struggling ,
So I'm knocking painkillers and anti inflamatries like no ones business ,
Anyway that's where I'm up to , sorry for the waffle lol
Take care lily xxx

Ah bless you hun, hope everything begins to get better for you, my knee throws me sometimes and is quite painful, so I can only imagine how you feel.
I have my psoriasis which is spreading to new places including my genitals, believe me that is something I hope to god I don't have for too long as it is not only itchy and very sore, it's also worse than all the other forms put together, give me on my feet and hands, face, elbows, scalp, knees just leave my privates out of it.
I have to see my consultant tomorrow, they are testing me for Lupus as I have a lot of the classic symptoms, it would be nice just to actually have a name for these conditions.
We are fighters though, you, me, Patsy, I know I am determined that it won't beat me in life or with my battle against the weight, don't care how long it takes I am going to reach my target...taken me just over 4 years to lose 12+ st....so at that rate it'll be about 2017 when I get to my target :fingerscrossed: and they can keep on throwing me these curve balls I'll just keep on catching them and throwing them back lol.
Hope you have a good day hunni, take care xxx:hug99:xxx

Food Diary Tuesday 6th January 2015

Breakfast
Cup of coffee with dash of milk and sweetener 0.5 syns
Apple
Comice Pear
Satsuma
Mullerlight Pineapple Yogurt
Pint of Water

Lunch
Bowl of home made veg soup
Pint of Water
Satsuma

Dinner
2 x Poached eggs
2 x Back bacon all fat removed
2 x Quorn Sausages
2 x Iceland Hash Browns 3 syns
Baked Beans
Tomatoes (tinned and fresh)
Mushrooms
2 x Eggy bread Hexb
Pint of Water
Sugar Free Jelly 0.5 syns

Extras
Satsumas
Apple
Comice Pear
Wotsits 4.5 syns
3 x Ryvita 4.5 syns
30g Cheddar Hexa

2 x Pints of Water

Syns for today = 13

Syns for the week/day 1 = 13/105

Last edited:
Thanks ladies, well 1lb up tonight, with my elephant ankles that could have been a whole lot worse, so :fingerscrossed: that means a good loss next week xxx:hug99:xxx

Thanks ladies, well 1lb up tonight, with my elephant ankles that could have been a whole lot worse, so :fingerscrossed: that means a good loss next week xxx:hug99:xxx

Yea lily , next week will be a great result xx

Yea lily , next week will be a great result xx

Really determined to get at least 5 off next week, going to be following the new SP as much as possible this week, so we'll see how that one goes xxx:hug99:xxx

Looking forward to hearing how you get on with SP. :D

Looking forwards to trying it out, one of the girls at our group did it for the last 2 days, says she hasn't been sober any day since new year until Sunday and lost 2.5lbs this week, hope that's for real cos that would be amazing , we'll see lol it's not quite as restrictive as the old Success Express from what I can see, so not as boring, easier to follow and stick to I'd imagine xxx:hug99:xxx

Back