1 step forward 7 back :-(

CeeB84

Just don't know whats happening with me at the moment and didn't know where else to turn. So many things going on and like everyone sone good and some bad. But this past fortnight iv slipped back into my old waya. Turning to food for comfort in a big way... dont know if any one else has done this. Just feel so alone at the moment and I shouldn't iv got amazing family and lovely friends and a partner who loves no matter what size I am. Just feel like such a failure. Im hoping tgat just simply writing this will help me in some way. Sorry for complaining. Hope your all doing well :):)

Well now you have it off your chest, we are all here. So dig deep and continue, sometimes there is nothing else for it. I am saying that sitting here starving but i cant give up this time. We all fall of the wagon or else we would not have weight to loss. I hope you manage to pick yourself up and continue, you sound as though you have a great network around you, you are not letting any of them down as it is just a blip. Let me know how you are getting on and moan away what ever helps you get there x

Just don't know whats happening with me at the moment and didn't know where else to turn. So many things going on and like everyone sone good and some bad. But this past fortnight iv slipped back into my old waya. Turning to food for comfort in a big way... dont know if any one else has done this. Just feel so alone at the moment and I shouldn't iv got amazing family and lovely friends and a partner who loves no matter what size I am. Just feel like such a failure. Im hoping tgat just simply writing this will help me in some way. Sorry for complaining. Hope your all doing well :):)

hi ceeb
do not feel down love like lisa said we all have blips i have had them for the last 2 weeks and i think it might be the third this week not big things silly little things but like yourself i come on here have a good moan and feel better for it x x x

I'm so with you - I do this all the time!!
I had lost two stone at the start of the year, and then lost my job, my depression came back in force, and so I start again!!
I am writing to you though, because this time, I have tried something new - I have taken to writing a (very short and dull to anyone but me) blog, just detailing in a couple of sentences successes, failures and hopes for the day. This really helped me on Wednesday when I had to face tricky social situations I'd normally drink in; I was able to reflect back on the mistake I made last Friday, and actually read how that made me feel in my own words and remind myself that that would be the result of drinking again! I don't know if it will work for you, but it might? Or a video diary maybe, so you can tell yourself what to do in tricky situations (idea I got from a book!). It's excellent that you have lovely people in real life, and you have us - you are def. not alone! There are people who know how you feel and how hard it is!!

achren
thats a great idea i have a photo of me its on here from my sisters wedding last year april i was 27st 11lbs and do you know i did not even see how big i had got till she showed me the pics i thought good god so in the july i started dieting abit after came back here i always have that pic on my phone on some others to remind me the weight i have lost its a great idea you have got i think i also need to write things like that down thanks hun x x x

Am glad the idea might be of some use Chezz - I've been reading a lot of motivational books recently, I may have finally realised that my insides reflect my outsides quite clearly! The trouble is it becomes a catch 22 in the end, where you're fat because you're unhappy and unhappy because you're fat. I reckon the mistake I've been making so far, is trying to fix the fat first - so this time, I'm trying to fix my mind and happiness first and trusting that my body will follow...
Writing myself the notes really helps, because it is difficult to argue with an external version of yourself!!
Another interesting idea I have been using is to think of your body as a cart, and your mind as the horse. You need to be good to yourself, and treat your horse well, feed it right, exercise it properly, talk to it nicely, keep it happy - otherwise it won't be able to pull the cart, and when you've a cart as big as mine, it has to be a strong horse!!
And last good piece of advice from this week - listen to yourself as you talk to yourself - would you speak to anyone else like that?

Diffrent pic Chezz? Or is this diet getting to me lol x
lol lisa
i put a diffrent pic on today lolol but the one where im 27st 11lbs is on my thread around page9-10 i think

hi achren
i agree wiith you there x x x

Back