10,000 steps a day

In June 2017 I set myself the challenge of walking 10,000 steps a day for the whole month. I added some motivation by using it to raise money for Cancer Research in memory of my mum. The challenge went well, although I was feeling it by the end of the month as I was busy at work 5 days a week too.
Anyway, this year I'm repeating the challenge for the 35 days (5 weeks) before I go on holiday on Sunday 21st July.
I began on Saturday. Progress so far:
15.06.19 - 18,389
16.06.19 - 17,708
17.06.19 - 24,623
... and today I've already achieved over 8,000 and it's not yet 11am. By the time I walk home from work at 5pm I should pass 14,000 :)

Well done, I have yet to reach 10k a day, normally range from 5 to 8k, but when I am walking I try to increase the intensity each time. I am slowly building this up as so unfit. I downloaded a walking app but does not always give a fair reflection of all steps taken as needs charged a lot etc. I am going to get a wrist pedometer that can keep on all the time and hopefully will give me a clearer result. Keep it up, maybe I will reach those dizzy heights too!!!

Well done, I have yet to reach 10k a day, normally range from 5 to 8k, but when I am walking I try to increase the intensity each time. I am slowly building this up as so unfit. I downloaded a walking app but does not always give a fair reflection of all steps taken as needs charged a lot etc. I am going to get a wrist pedometer that can keep on all the time and hopefully will give me a clearer result. Keep it up, maybe I will reach those dizzy heights too!!!
Thanks. When I started I tired after a mile and I could never keep up with my wife. However, after a few months she was struggling to keep up with me. The good thing about walking is I can go as slow, or as fast as I want, depending on how I feel that day. Plus the only special equipment I really need is a decent pair of trainers/walking shoes ... oh and a decent pedometer of course. I use the SHealth app on my Samsung, which works pretty well. Good luck with your efforts and keep going :)

Back