10,000 steps challenge

Pjames580

So, along with my odd visits to the gym I've decided to try and embrace the NHS 10,000 steps a day challenge. I've worked out that my average daily number if steps is about 3000 so am going to gradually try and increase the amount I move on a daily basis.

Is anyone else doing this? Thought it might be nice to share and motivate each other :)

Well i decided to start walking more, so i put a pedometer app on my phone yesterday and off i went, only half way into my walk i checked my pedometer and i didnt register my steps grrr!!!
I think that i'll buy a ww pedometer off ebay!

Hiya,

I didn't know about the 10, 000 step challenge but I bought the ww pedometer yesterday.

My results were

Tuesday 30th - 8.30am (that's when I bought it at class) to 9.45pm = Total 8100
Wednesday 31st - 5.40am to now = currently 12658. It has gotten me 4 activity points yay

How about anyone else? X

I've been on Holiday since last Friday, I aimed to get 2AP per day but that means doing 15000 Steps!!! X

Wow! That's a huge amount of steps - I guess I you did less steps at a higher intensity you would get closer to earning those 2AP...good luck and let me know how you get on!

Wow! That's a huge amount of steps - I guess I you did less steps at a higher intensity you would get closer to earning those 2AP...good luck and let me know how you get on!

I've never turned it to Active Mode yet as I don't do anything which is too 'Active' but once I start doing the 30 Day Shred I will turn it to Active Mode once I'm doing that in September. X

I've managed 26156 Steps today which is equivalent to 10.03 Miles which is equivalent to 6AP! X

That's incredible! How did you manage to fit that into one day?! Well done :)

We are on a holiday at the moment so we walked into town, along the Seafront and then there was a Lake which I walked round! I set myself a Holiday Target of 14AP in 7 Days, I smashed it with 19AP so really proud of myself! X

Yesterday was 10167 steps 4.55miles which got me 2 activity points. I also did my Zumba and use the pedometer. I gave me another 8pp.

Well Done Sweetie :) How do you like Zumba? Everyone by me does Zumba! X

We are on a holiday at the moment so we walked into town, along the Seafront and then there was a Lake which I walked round! I set myself a Holiday Target of 14AP in 7 Days, I smashed it with 19AP so really proud of myself! X

Well Done Sweetie :) How do you like Zumba? Everyone by me does Zumba! X

Thank you!

I love Zumba, our teacher is amazing! She does a mix of zumba tracks and current music. We have all different types of people with different levels of fitness. Whats good with my class is that you can take it at your own pace....mine is usually super high hahaha

I always say try it for about 4 classes before deciding to keep going as it takes about that time to learn the moves :D

Thank you!

I love Zumba, our teacher is amazing! She does a mix of zumba tracks and current music. We have all different types of people with different levels of fitness. Whats good with my class is that you can take it at your own pace....mine is usually super high hahaha

I always say try it for about 4 classes before deciding to keep going as it takes about that time to learn the moves :D

Thank you for the tips Sweetie, it won't be until September when my daughter goes back to school anyway, do you wear normal gym gear?x

Yeah, I just wear joggers and a vest top. I've been doing for just over a year and I've only just invested in some 'proper' sports gear eg crop tops and racer vests.

Cool! I'm swaying between Zumba or Female Boxercise at the moment, can't really make my mind up!!! X

Cool! I'm swaying between Zumba or Female Boxercise at the moment, can't really make my mind up!!! X

I was originally gonna go for boxercise but the more dancing side called to me. For me I make zumba high impacted with adding jumps and higher kicks where a move is a little jump or a knee lift. My instructor starts gentle then increase the pace where I start high straight off.

What I do like is if im not feeling great I just bring the level down

I was originally gonna go for boxercise but the more dancing side called to me. For me I make zumba high impacted with adding jumps and higher kicks where a move is a little jump or a knee lift. My instructor starts gentle then increase the pace where I start high straight off.

What I do like is if im not feeling great I just bring the level down

I was thinking of doing it in terms so a 6 week term of boxercise and 6 week term of Zumba, hopefully my body wouldn't get used to it them! X

Back