10 Reasons not to Stress about Valentine's day

Goreygirl

Gold Member
Hi my fellow emotional eaters on CD :)

Being in a relationship or being single can both have their own particular stresses particularly if we have a history of/are still involved with emotionally unavailable people and/or assclowns.

10 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Let Valentines Day Stress You | Baggage Reclaim is just a little something I thought could help. This site has been of great personal help to me (she echoes a lot of what my therapist and I have discussed about emotional intimacy, having boundaries etc) and the underlying themes can be applied to all our relationships not just the romantic ones (making sure people see, acknowledge and respect our boundaries etc)

Happy Valentines Day to one and all :)

10 Reasons Why You Shouldn’t Let Valentines Day Stress You

Sorry but this is a load of negitive BS.
there is nothing wrong with Valentines day. Nothing wrong with flowers from a petrol station... maybe thats all the man can afford instead of just a last minute
thought.
Yes resturants are busy.. because there are loads of people in love.!
i agree with point 4, if the relationship is in trouble then val day isnt going to fix it but thats not val day fault it the people in the relationship.
8. If you’re single, thank your lucky stars that you’ve just saved yourself from spending lots of money on this mindless BS. Go buy yourself something nice, or better still, save it!
seriously...... there is nothing wrong with being single valentines day. so what. but why should people who are not, be subjected to the mindset thats its all BS and a waste of money.!

this is all negative twaddle....written to make people feel bad about being in love and showing it.
Fine, it should be an all year round thing, and is for most of us, but on this day we can make alittle 'extra' effort.
i've been with my partner for 10 years and still love valentines day
(even if it includes petrol station flowers or a 'i love you' teddy)

Last edited:
dee6677 said:
10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Let Valentines Day Stress You

Sorry but this is a load of negitive BS.
there is nothing wrong with Valentines day. Nothing wrong with flowers from a petrol station... maybe thats all the man can afford instead of just a last minute
thought.
Yes resturants are busy.. because there are loads of people in love.!
i agree with point 4, if the relationship is in trouble then val day isnt going to fix it but thats not val day fault it the people in the relationship.
8. If you're single, thank your lucky stars that you've just saved yourself from spending lots of money on this mindless BS. Go buy yourself something nice, or better still, save it!
seriously...... there is nothing wrong with being single valentines day. so what. but why should people who are not, be subjected to the mindset thats its all BS and a waste of money.!

this is all negative twaddle....written to make people feel bad about being in love and showing it.
Fine, it should be an all year round thing, and is for most of us, but on this day we can make alittle 'extra' effort.
i've been with my partner for 10 years and still love valentines day
(even if it includes petrol station flowers or a 'i love you' teddy)

Em...I think you've taken this a little bit too seriously...it's meant to be tongue in cheek.

Back