101lb To Lose!! every pound counts =)

JodiLeanne2012

Hiya :)

im not new to MiniMins or to Slim and save, this is my 3rd and FINAL attempt, the 1st time i tried slim and save i last 4 days, the 2nd time, i lasted 3 weeks, and now im going to last until i have lost my 101lb's :)

The only reason i gave up the 2nd time is because we went out for a birthday meal and then thought well ive ruined it and just didnt get back on, no excuses.

I love this diet, i know it works and i also know that i can do it.

I have promised my very lovely and extremely supportive partner that this is it, that im so fed up of letting not only myself but everyone else down and that it's now or never.

I have got so many gorgeous new outfits in smaller sizes that i need and want to be able to not only fit into but look good in them.
I have also got my lovely sister buying me a stunning new dress in a size 12 for christmas this year that i have promised her i will fit into and wear when were all around our parents the day after boxing day!

i have a list of the reasons why i want and need to do this..

I want to play with my daughter for longer than 10 minutes without getting out of breath.
I want to be able to do the housework without sweating like ive just ran a marathon.
I need and want to fit into my gorgeous new clothes and the stunning dress my sister is buying me for christmas.
I want to be able to wear clothes other than leggings and a long top.
I want to feel like i can go out in public without every one staring thinking ''lose some weight'' and ''fat *****''.
I want to weigh less than my partner.

i know i can do it.

i want my daughter to grow up being proud of me, not embarrassed of me.

day 1 has gone brilliantly so far :) :)

Good luck to everyone following this and any other diet plan x

Wow - I could have written this myself!

We're starting a couple of days apart, with the same weight - and a history of VLCD's (although this is my first time on SnS!)

I don't have a partner - but I do have a daughter - and want her to not follow my poor relationship with food.

Wish you all the best - you will do it!

how are you finding the diet so far? .. today i have had a caramel shake for breakfast, a coconut bar and a hot chocolate for lunch and have just had 100g of grilled chicken and 150g of mushrooms for dinner. and im starving!! x

Hello!

In may 2011 I weighed 15 stone 3 lbs and was a size 18 and more.. I now weight 9 stone 8 and am a size 8-10. I followed CD to get the bulk of it off this year and have lost nearly 3 stone since July. It is perfectly doable and if you have the right mindset, you cannot fail. Your desire to succeed needs to be stronger than your fear of failure : )

Can I suggest something however? You have set your target weight at 8 stone. This is obviously fine if it's what you want to be but given that this is your third attempt i'd increase your chances this time by setting a higher target. So - for example - right now you might be very very happy to see 13 stone 13lbs on the scales? Make this your target. When you get there, re set it to say, 12 stone 13 and so on and so forth. I just know that seeing ' weight to lose - 7 stone 3 ' would have been rather demotivating to me. Meeting mini targets keeps momentum going when it gets tough.

lots of luck

Hey :)

thats amazing, massive well done to you! .. can i just ask, did you stick to the diet 100% the whole time, did you have any blips at all?.. that defiantly does sound like a very good piece of advice and i think i might just take you up on it. will set my target to 13 stone as thats when im going to start trying my smaller clothes on! :) thankyou loads xx

hello and welcome, you are joining a group of us that have started this week and so far we all seem to be keeping to it. Good advice about moving your goal, less scary and bitesize chunks :)

Hi Jodi - the first few days are not easy, I cannot lie! I think they're easier done when you don't have much else going on and you have to plan, plan, plan if you're not at home. I would have to say that the key to success - and to good weight loss - is water. I quite easily do the 3 litres a day - mainly by buying a bulk supply of 500ml bottles. That way, I've always got one at hand and it's easy to monitor how much I drink. It may also sound strange, but I think water is much more palatable in a bottle than in a glass and I can drink it far more quickly.

Today is Day 4 for me, and to be honest, it's been really easy.

Sounds like you've got a good mix of products too. Having received my sample pack today, I think that is going to help. I always blend my shakes with ice, as I love milkshakes, so that feels like a treat. I had my first taste of the bars today, which will certainly help, as I've got a sweet tooth, although for the time being, unless I'm out, I'm going to try to have just half a day.

Yes, I stuck to it 100%. I dug deep, I was so determined and it paid off.

However, I had a wobble in week 2. I had a good loss on week one - 7lbs off which I was happy with. For some ridiculous reason I came home ...and went on a 5 day carb binge. I cannot tell you why? Kettle chips, cheese, cinnamon toast.. I fell awkwardly with my mouth open on some cherry bakewells, trifle... loads. for 5 days. I did something that I have not done before though.... I went back for the second weigh in. The 'old ' me would have thought ' oh f uck it I am not doing this anymore ' but I didn't. I put 4lbs back on ; (

I came out of the second week weigh in and that was that. I then did 6 weeks solid, no messing, sole sourced the whole way. Not one cheat. Sometimes it was so bad i would pace my kitchen screaming at myself because i wanted to eat so badly. But I made a list of the reasons why I wanted to lose the weight and why this time I would do it. And I did it.

Glad to see you've re thought your target. I remeber being over the moon and screaming with joy when i saw 12 st 13 on the scales - so it is all relative. And I nearly cried when I got to 10 stone 13.

I have decided that I might as well see this through until the end so I am going for 'slim' - for me, this is 9 stone. So.. I stopped CD/SnS WHEN i hit my normal BMI - 10s t 5. I have calorie counted since and exercised and am now 9 st 8. There is no ned to exercise at all for you yet... it's not beneficial although it will be once you hit 12 stone ish.

I will follow your progress and you can always come and chat over on my thread... just stay strong and you'll do it.

What fantastic advice - and well done!

Everyone is so lovely and so so supportive on here!

Dovydaitis - i love this site so much already, it really helps :) hows slim and save going for you so far?

Derika - i can completely relate to you about it being easier drinking water from a bottle instead of a glass! yesterday i had to use a pint glass as i forgot to buy my bottles and was finding it really difficult, only managed 3 pints, witch i know is better than nothing but it wasn't good enough. have got my bottle today and am already on my 2nd pint, i find it just taste's better lol am finding having to go toilet every 10 minutes a bit annoying but its a small price to pay! :)
Ive not actually put ice into any of my shakes before, does it make it taste better? x

Gretagrip- Thats fantastic, i hope i can stick to it for 6 weeks straight, i know that this diet it going to be extremely hard at time but i dont think i have ever been more determined to do it and finally lose this weight for good, i was thinking about joining the gym after i have been on this diet for 2 or 3 weeks but then i was also thinking about buying some kettlebells and the ultimate fat loss kettlebell dvd and doing it at home, but i cant decide!

Hello :)

I am on day 14 now and it does get much easier. I agree its good to have mini targets along the way, I am looking forward to losing that 1st stone, then getting into the 13's, and then the 2nd stone and so on, makes everything so much more achievable along the way, and before you know it a huge chunk of your weight will be gone .

I am enjoying the control I have over food and loving the shakes!

Love the reasons why you want to lose weight, I can so relate to that, thinkmy biggest reason is that I just want to feel more confident about myself and my appearance. I was at my mums last year and this cousin of mine who I had not seen for many years (and was no looker or slim jim himself) just looked at me and said 'You're piling the beef on'. I was so embarrassed and angry that someone felt they could just say things like that to me. But I have found that people often express their opinions rather loudly to larger people.

So we will all be slim together and can support each other on here during our ups and downs :)

Hiya :)

Your doing brilliantly! i'm only on day 2, but im pleased i actually managed to get through day 1 :) .. im really looking forward to finally being in ketosis, last time i tried slim and save it took me 4 days for the ketosis stick to be dark purple so hopefully im half way there already! Lol.

i can defiantly relate to people expressing there opinions rather loudly, a few months ago i was walking home from work when i heard someone beep and shout fat ***** out the window at me and i had no idea who they even were, i don't understand how or why anyone could be so cruel, I've also had a 'family member' tell me im fat and need to lose weight so i dont embarrass my daughter, .. was extremely angry and humiliated but i suppose its what has actually made me realise that it's about time i actually lost weigh instead of putting it on!

I'm a huge fan of milkshakes (and ice cream), so yes, in my opinion a shake blended with ice is close to heaven!

It's a bit of trial and error in the early weeks to see what you like and what works for you, but in the long run, I'm sure the rewards will be fantastic.

The best thing about where we are now, particularly with this website is that you see both the success stories and get the support - pretty much half the job done!

I love milkshakes and ice cream too so i think i may have to try one with ice! .. because i have tried slim and save (twice) before, i already know what items i do and don't like, i don't like any of the meals, the only ones i do like and have are the ..

Milk caramel shake
Crispy chocolate shake
Chocolate shake
Coconut bars
Milk chocolate Truffa bars and the vanilla bars,

and i always have 1 as a shake and 1 as a mousse each day and it suits me just fine, i must say i am feeling pretty pleased with myself for getting through day 1 as i think thats the hardest! best of luck to everyone x

hiya, I'm finding it pretty good, must be one of the easiest diets I have done. I don't say this lightly as you need a lot of willpower but I find that having it all there for you and not having to defrost stuff ect makes it harder to stray. Hope you get on with it ok :)

Hi! Loved your reasons for losing weight .... I could have written it !! I'm on day 20 and the first few days were hardest . Now it is getting easier and the support on this forum is fantastic when I get the wobbles ! I take myself off to bed early away from snack temptation and read some inspiration :)
I blend the shakes with i e as well as it makes them more of a luxury and i put them in a special glass with a straw so it feels like a treat !!
Good luck ... U know u can do it xx

how's it going, have you fell into a routine yet? Hope it's going in the right direction for you

Ive not been 100% over the weekend, i have stuck to the plan around 60% but i also havn't pigged out, i have also weighed myself and have lost 2lb's already so im pleased, it is 100% from tomorrow as ive now made a bet with my dad for £100 and i dont have £100 to lose! im really excited :) :)

i will be posting on here every day with what ive eaten and if i need any help so please be aware that there will be some posts where im moaning and being moody and saying how hungry i am now and again! :) :) xx

hehehe that's what we are here for! my moaning hasn't even started yet ;)

Right so day 1 today of being 100% today!! :) but because i started on Thursday and have stuck to the diet around 60%, im still going to do my first weigh in this Thursday i know it won't be as much as a full week obviously but even if it's just 1 lb its still a pound closer to my goal! .. bought a 2 liter bottle yesterday and i will be aiming to drink 2 of these each day so 4lts of water a day, is that okay?

im on the 4 packs a day and im soo excited!! :) :)

last time i was on this diet i was on 3 packs plus protein and veg meal but i always found it harder having to have a meal, i'd much rather just stick to the packs, eat what ive been given and just get on with it and get it over and done with :)

best of luck to everyone :) xx

Back