10g of fat... in a bread roll!!!

Lexie2005

5:2 lover
OMG I thought I was being healthy today when at the coast I didn't have chips & went for a low fat pasta salad (2.8g per 100g) & a lovely cottage bread roll but have just checked on mfp & they reckon it had 10g of fat in it, surely not possible in a bread roll is it???? Worst of all it was only 109g (just weighed it at home) so way over the rules, I am just pleased I haven't had a tablet for 3 days, was going to today but don't think I will just in case.....

Hmmmm have done lots of research on mfp & there is no way it was that high, even a ciabatta which you can taste the olive oil in has 1/3 of that so I am going to think the barcode scanner wasn't right.... I think the cottage roll may be a pastry type thing now i have googled - I was desperate lol x

Last edited:
Yeah but not 10g, I went in to mad panic mode!! A cottage roll is apparently like a sausage roll but made with ham not pork. I haven't had a bagel yet, I didn't used to be a fan but its something different isn't it, might get some next week....

I had never had one before... but my sister loves them(she is on ww) so i stole one and i enjoyed it very much. Also i find them very filling, and like i said for 1.1 g of fat it can't be bad !

PS Im glad your roll wasnt 10g fat!!!!!

Lexie this may sound harsh but quit obsessing over every single thing that passes your lips 3 stone in jus over 20 weeks is superb
Slip ups happen to us all so dont beat yourself up when they happen to you
Everyone gets tango'd sometime but cheese is notorius for its fat content
Learn from your error of judgement n move on from it dont let it ruin your day or week
Besides remember its 15g in the meal so ul be rite

I know this prolly sounds harsh but tis 4am n ov been drinking x

Butter I hope your head is ok today :) I think that it is Lexie checking everything that is making her so successful! Have a good day :)

hon i wouldnt of thought there was 10g of fat in a cob (roll) . like i said b4 mfp over estimates alot thats why i dont use the bloody thing nowadays lol! i just add them up on a bit of paper everyday . well done for resisting the chips tho lol x

Bit harsh Butter yeah but I'm made of tough stuff ;o)

Yeah I may obsess & sorry if that annoys people but I've only managed to get where I am by being obsessive & sticking to it 100%, I'm an all or nothing kinda girl which is why i ended up at 19 stone.

My fear was tango visiting as it's not happened to me & I was upset a bread roll could've been the cause. I know 44lbs in 19 weeks is good I'm not saying its not but I think we all know it's not easy, xen isn't a miracle pill & I've worked my arse off literally to achieve this loss.

Xx

Last edited:
Lea. People are on here for the same support as you have needed many times in the past months and whilst some people are very strict and others aren't it doesn't make their journey any less valid.

It would be wise in the future if you are drinking alcohol and still sober enough to know what you're writing to stop and think before you post about whether what you're saying could offend rather than encourage and then excuse it by saying it's 4am and you've been drinking. :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

im 10 days in and im constantly obsessing about what is passing my lips, i find im the same as lex, all or nothing, it was the latter that got me so fat in the first place!!!!

10g?? nah that can't be right. It was 2.2g of fat in the wholemeal roll I had yesterday, A Cob roll would be less than that as its not as thick.
Well done for resisiting the Chips Lex :) You are a Thin'spiration x

hobnobsmummy said:
10g?? nah that can't be right. It was 2.2g of fat in the wholemeal roll I had yesterday, A Cob roll would be less than that as its not as thick.
Well done for resisiting the Chips Lex :) You are a Thin'spiration x

I calmed down when googling taught me a cottage roll is also a pastry type thing made with ham lol x

Lol i've never heard of that. Have to google it myself now! :)

Back