10s to 8s

Vickers22

After trying and struggling to lose the 1.5st I put on in my early 30s, I thought I'd see if a diary could help me on my way. I know it's not a huge amount to lose but I can't seem to do it for love nor money!

So, a bit about me, I'm approaching my late 30s! Married but no kids, through choice not problems.

I've always veered towards being a bit chubby. An overweight child, losing about 2st on a crash diet when I was 15 and then staying between 8.5-9.5st pretty much until my early 30s.

Then I'm not entirely sure what went wrong. I think a combination of not running so much (I was loving it and then training for and running a marathon in 2008 made it feel like a chore not a pleasure), and marrying my husband and feeling secure, just made me start eating.

I reached almost 11st in 2012 and then a weightloss camp got me down to 10st 2 which I've pretty much maintained but not really improved on, apart from a couple of crazy juice diets which got me down to 9st 10 but only for a few days!

So here I am now. Around 10st 2 (I'll do a proper weigh in tomorrow). I'm 5ft 5 and would love to get down to 8st 10, probably realistic, although the most happy I felt with my weight was 8st 7.

I'm training for another marathon, Brighton in April 2015, having fallen in love with running again.

I'm vegetarian and haven't really got a diet plan in mind yet, apart from healthy choices. I have to admit being super confused about low fat, full fat, no sugar etc etc etc! I'm sure dieting used to be less confusing!

My biggest vices are alcohol and being super hungry when I get home from work - which often isn't till 830/9pm and so eating late.

I'd love to be at goal weight by my birthday in late March.

So here goes....

Bit of a random Sunday food and drink wise because I was away with family.

40 min run

B
- 2 small pieces of brown toast w flora (yuck) and marmalade
- 2 x coffee w milk

L
- green salad w sundried toms and olives
- 3/4 cheese and pickle ciabatta, w tiny bit of coleslaw and a few crisps (only veggie option aside from risotto which I've grown to hate as it's often the only veggie choice and full of cream)
- 1 glass champagne, 3 red

Hoping that's it for the rest of the day, or just tea and cereal tonight but I'm pretty full now.

Such a busy week ahead, work and socially, hope to be as healthy as possibly to balance out the alcohol that will be consumed, and get in lots of runs.

Forgot that I had a mini mince pie with a coffee after lunch and a chocolate coin.

Then a cup of tea when home but no more food.

Not a healthy day but could have been worse!

We are so similar! If I've managed to sneak in the 8s anyone can! Ha - I know that's not really true.

It's been unbelievably hard work. But I still have big blow outs every weekend but have to be unbelievably disciplined during the week. Works for my crazy social life.

I'll be interested to hear what approach you take ;-)

Hi Blondcat It was you who gave me the inspiration to start posting! You've done so well and look amazing. Even when I was 8.5st I didn't look that good, but I never really exercised then. Just shows that you need the combination. Now I exercise but can't control the eating. Grrr! V

Last edited:
So yesterday started well but ended badly so I'm pretending it didn't happen.

Today so far:

W- 10st 4.6 (bad weekend plus TOTM)

E - 3.5 mile run, 32 mins

B
- porridge w skimmed milk plus tiny banana
- 2 small coffees

Plan for rest of day:
- lentil and tom soup, plus rye bread for lunch
- dinner of scrambled eggs, avo and salad w harissa (addicted to the Belazu make)
- more fruit/ veg to snack
- yoghurt for pud

Let's see how it goes!

Mainly stuck to plan yesterday

L- 1/2 a lentil and tomato soup, 1 piece rye bread w light butter

D- 2 scrambled eggs, half an avo on brown toast w harissa and 5 cherry toms

S- 4 pieces chocolate orange (not so good but hard to ignore when in house, must take the rest to work!)

Once again annoyed that I feel so hungry when I get home. I know it's more in my mind. On the days I can stick to cereal in the evening I can drop lbs overnight.

Oh and just woken wide awake at 4am for no reason. Must put phone down and try and sleep, really want to run in the morning.

Sounds like you're doing really well!

I'm back on it today - very motivating reading your diary!

If only! Actually, it's not been too bad, lots of running, but some big nights out too last week.

My family are staying this weekend so took a day off yesterday and had long lunch at Petersham Nurseries, but it did mean we didn't eat or drink last night. And then we've done the same today at a great Italian restaurant in Knightsbridge.

I ran this morning, had a piece of toast and marmite, and then enjoyed fried mozzerella and a cheese pasta for lunch, with lots of yummy wine!

Was 10.24 on the scales this morning and no food in the evening definitely seems to suit so hopefully tomorrow it won't be too bad! Planning to run tomorrow before we do it all again!

How was France? It looked great, as did you! Can't wait to be able to pull off a dress like that :)

10.24 in the scales this morning too. So 2lb loss last week which is not big but not too bad given all the nights out.

Today's meals consisted of:

B- porridge w skimmed milk

S- 1 small banana, 1 tangerine, 1 small fruit and nut ball thing (made by a colleague)

L- 2 pieces rye bread, 2 slices lederdamm light, 1 small can ww baked beans

D- cheese salad, 3 gluten free crackers w Lurpack light and chilli jam (opps)

Could have done without the cheese at dinner as well as lunch, or replaced it with egg, but my hubby made it knowing I had a hard day at work.

Tomorrow, out for dinner again so plan for porridge brekkie and either soup or egg salad for lunch and only fruit as a snack.

Planning to run in tomorrow so hoping it gets a bit warmer overnight! Brrrr

Minus 2 in London tomorrow - brrrrrr

Well done on the 2lbs xx

I was rewarded with the most amazing sun rise, it made running in the cold so worth it.

Food so far:

B
- activia peach 0% fat yoghurt
- 1 box sun maid raisin
- small handful bran flakes
(All mixed together in a bowl)

S - small banana

L
- pret egg and spinach pot
- small avo
- tea spoon harissa
- 1 sharon fruit

Doing so well and then I had 4 chocs from a box a colleague brought in. Didn't even want them.

Out for an 80th celebration tonight so who knows how it will end!

I was rewarded with the most amazing sun rise, it made running in the cold so worth it. Food so far: B - activia peach 0% fat yoghurt - 1 box sun maid raisin - small handful bran flakes (All mixed together in a bowl) S - small banana L - pret egg and spinach pot - small avo - tea spoon harissa - 1 sharon fruit Doing so well and then I had 4 chocs from a box a colleague brought in. Didn't even want them. Out for an 80th celebration tonight so who knows how it will end!

The sunrise was unreal this morning! Really incredible

Don't worry about the chocolates - could have been way worse and everything else looking good!

Diary and diet have gone to pot. Sort of just hoping to sts in December and begin in earnest in January.

10st 2.5 on scales this morning, no change to last week. No surprise with all the Quality St around!

Hope others are doing better!

Diary and diet have gone to pot. Sort of just hoping to sts in December and begin in earnest in January. 10st 2.5 on scales this morning, no change to last week. No surprise with all the Quality St around! Hope others are doing better!

Likewise. I'm back to 9st 2lbs ffs!!

I'll be delighted if I end dec at that (I won't). Sigh.

Ughh. 10st 4.2lbs on the scales this morning and that's having run 6 miles Christmas Eve, 4 miles Christmas Day and walked 8 miles on Boxing Day!

Got to get myself some will power before the end of the year!

Hope others Christmas diets have gone better than mine.

Ughh. 10st 4.2lbs on the scales this morning and that's having run 6 miles Christmas Eve, 4 miles Christmas Day and walked 8 miles on Boxing Day! Got to get myself some will power before the end of the year! Hope others Christmas diets have gone better than mine.

Mine definitely has not!! I imagine I'm miles away from the 8s!! 9 day Detox starts in jan :)

Sorry to hear that. Let's hope 2015 brings heaps of will power :)

I'm thinking abt doing 5:2 along with healthy eating from Jan. Definitely need to do more than I do now.

And only drinking once a week because of the marathon should make things better. Here's hoping anyway!

Sorry to hear that. Let's hope 2015 brings heaps of will power :) I'm thinking abt doing 5:2 along with healthy eating from Jan. Definitely need to do more than I do now. And only drinking once a week because of the marathon should make things better. Here's hoping anyway!

That's what I do - really like that clean way of living hardly ever eat processed food now and most of the time get my 5-7 a day. My problem is sugar binges on the weekend. Not sure how to fix that to be honest although didn't do it in Saturday and Sunday so maybe my body knows it's there and I'd had so much of it I stopped craving it because it was no longer forbidden if that makes sense

Back