Step 1 Sole Source 11 weeks until my wedding......Before & During Photos Added

laurawh86

Hi all,

This forum seems so supportive, it is great to read through all the posts, there are so many inspirational stories on here - its very motivational so thank-you. Thought I would start a diary just so when I am having bad days, I can look back at all the good I have done and remind myself NOT to sabatage it! :eek: As the title suggests, I am getting married 10months today, I cant wait, but I know I will be much happier if I can walk down that aisle slimmer and happier :)

I was shocked when I weighed myself on Saturday to find that I weigh a whopping 21st 1lbs, this is the heaviest I have ever been and even at 5ft 11 is far too much - I am now morbidly obese not just obese! :cry:I would ideally like to be 11stone for my wedding which is a BIG target, but Im confident I can reach it.

I am on day 6 now and finding it OK so far, just going into Ketosis I think - its not been the easiest few days, but definitely not the hardest - felt quite tired the last few nights and slept like a log but thats a good thing I suppose - every girl needs her beauty sleep! :D Just taking one day at a time otherwise I scare myself and thinking about how much I have to lose...so stats:

Start Date: 29th September 2012
Start Weight: 21st 1lbs :cry:
Goal Weight: 11stone
Goal Date: 4th August 2013

I have decided to set myself a mini goal of being in the 16s (even if it is 16stone 13lbs) by Xmas!!

Hope everyone is having a good week :)

Last edited:
Day 7....

Going well, had 3 of my 4 products and about 3litres of water and a mug of green tea. Still feeling quite tired, but there is lots going around at the moment so it may be completely unrelated. Looking forward to my first weigh in tomorrow - I have been very good and not stepped on the scales once this week - I am normally on there every morning.

Off to the NEC Wedding Show tomorrow :D

Hope everyone is having a good day :)

The great thing is that you're 5'11 so you even a stone above your goal is still very good. 10 months is a very long time and you can surely be in terrific shape for your wedding.

Just stick to the plan, that's key. It will get easier every week.

Hi Big Girl! Hopefully you will be able to change your name soon! Maybe to Tall Girl.... Looking forward to hearing how your first weigh in goes. Just keep drinking lots of water and looking forward to stepping on those scales!

Hi there,

Your 10 months will fly by but the weight will drop off and Im sure you will be at your goal.

I also started CD for my wedding and beat my goal but have extended it and now want to lose more ( slight gain after our wedding a month ago )

Good luck for you 1st weigh in and keep us posted x x x

Thank-you all for your replies and encouragement.... angelupnorth - I have been reading through your diary and it is such an inspiration, goodluck with your final push and thankyou for being an inspiration for those of us starting out.

Well first week done and dusted and I am VERY happy to report I have lost 11lbs...:bliss:

Day 8 has been good, been at the NEC wedding show which was great - came away with lots of ideas and I am pretty confident about the designer of dress I would like to have :) Even stayed away from the free cake samples etc. Been a bit lacking on the water front today though, so going to have to try and catch up a little tonight.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

That's amazing what you've done. There's no greater motivation really, just look at your diary!!

This week will even be easier, remember the first two weeks are the most difficult.

That's amazing what you've done. There's no greater motivation really, just look at your diary!!

This week will even be easier, remember the first two weeks are the most difficult.

Thanks - thats what I keep trying to tell myself, once I have through the first couple of weeks, I usually find it much easier. Today has been strange, not hungry or craving food per se - more a boredom of having to do it because I have done it before. I just kept telling myself that I am not hungry, not craving and have a wedding next year so dont need to eat anything. You did really well in your first 3 weeks, I hope I can continue to lose a good amount each week. I would be really happy with 3-4lbs per week. :)

Wow - well done, I am also tall (6ft) and want to get rid of a lot of stones, I ha my first weigh in yesterday and I am now on week two. Yesterday was hard and could of killed for a chocolate biscuit but today has been better and even taken the dogs on a 5k walk!
Hope the wedding plans are going well?

Wow - well done, I am also tall (6ft) and want to get rid of a lot of stones, I ha my first weigh in yesterday and I am now on week two. Yesterday was hard and could of killed for a chocolate biscuit but today has been better and even taken the dogs on a 5k walk!
Hope the wedding plans are going well?

Thanks hurfbird - yes wedding plans are going very well, was pleased to hear from a really nice wedding shop near me that I can wait until January to have an appt which gives me more time to get some weight off. So I am happy about that...wow you did well doing a 5K walk - Im not sure Im quite ready for that yet. Im still feeling quite tired all the time but there is a lot going around so I dont know. Well done for staying away from the biscuits! :)

..............................................................................................................

Day 10.....

Its quite a nice feeling being into double figures for how long I have been on this plan! Not been a bad day...3 products down and about 2litres of water and a mug of green tea - not as much as I usually drink, but I was quite busy at work today. Just keep thinking of the wedding day, how I will be slimmer, happier and will be able to eat what i like on that day. Less than 10 months isnt long really in the grand scheme of things is it??

Hope everyone is having a good day :)

You're doing fantastically well. Keep firmly focussed at all times and you'll power through this.

Mini goals are definitely the way to go. So, you could now concentrate on being 19 stone 13, for example, and when you achieve that, aim for 18 stone 13 and so on and so forth. Add in reducing dress sizes and BMI points and you'll have plenty to aim for.

Hi Hun,

Just thought I'd check n to your diary - you are doing fab, 10 months will truly fly by... I always thin when you are doing this diet time feels really slow, but when you stop and think about in actual fact it flies by, I'm on day 8 already and it's flown....

Xx

Thanks gretagrip - mini goals are definitely really helpful, doing SS for 24 weeks sounds like such a long time so it helps to just focus on one step at a time. Im not even thinking of next year - just xmas for now...just the first 12 weeks! You have done really well so far!

Hi Starry - you are so right, it always feels really slow when you are doing the diet and then really quick when you get to the other end. It also seems to go quick when I am scoffing my face and putting weight on. If I can do that for 6months, I can do this.

Day 12.......

Going quite well, still feeling quite tired and felt a bit hungry here and there but have kept strong! Cant believe in a couple of days, I will have finished my second week. Yay - cant wait! Keep drinking the water, green tea and shakes!!! Also can have the bars come saturday....wooohhooooo!!!

Yes, whatever you do, don't think too far ahead. Just get through the days and remember why you're doing this. You are going to be a different person at the end of it and you are so focussed that I really believe you can do it. I read a lot of diaries on here and within a few days people are giving themselves ' permission' to slip a bit. Will always end in disaster but i sense that you are made of steely stuff. I admire you as this is a tough diet.

You are doing great !

11lb in your 1st week was the same as me, Huge well done !

You will feel the time goes fast as the scales dropping each week is such a great motivation. Do you have a dress in mind ?

Keep up the good work x x x

Been thinking about what you girls have been saying, mini goals are defiantly the way forward, it makes it s much easier to concentrate on one small goal which can be achieved in a short space of time... Keep up the good work Hun, you're doing fab !! Xx

Thanks for all of your support everyone :)

Angelupnorth - yes there is a dress I have in mind, but I havent been able to try it on because the sample size is a 12 wedding dress size and Im a 22 street size at the moment. Thankfully I have found a very helpful wedding dress shop who have asked for my measurements before I lost any weight and I will go in January and she will measure me again so she can get an idea for what I lose inch wise. Hopefully in Jan, although I still be an 18 I may be able to at least put it on just to look. Im also going to a bridal shop in November that only do size 18+ and they may have the dress so I will at least be able to try it on. :) How are you?

It is so true Starry - the times I start thinking about the whole thing is the times I struggle so for now its just until Xmas Im thinking about and having one goal at a time. Hope your second week is going well, you certainly did well in your first!!! :D

Day 15....well second week is now done and dusted - I hope the rest of the time goes as quickly as the first two weeks....I am happy to report I have lost a further 5lbs!!!!! I am so happy...I am now 19stone 13lbs and feel like I haven't touched the 20s (I started at 21st 1lbs) - that's a total of 16lbs in two weeks!!! :D:D Just having my mug of green tea and catching up on a few bits and bobs! Last night was the first time I had to force myself to have the 4th product (Im 5ft 11) as really didn't feel like it, but I know its bad not to have all my products so munched on my first bar (OK a little early...but I didn't think a few hours would hurt)....I actually felt FULL - like I had a three course meal...so here to week three!!!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Well done!

You know that if you stick to this you'll be seeing 16 stone something by Christmas? Easy pips!

Keep focussed at all times and keep your eye firmly on your ultimate goal.

18 stone 13 will be yours in 3 or so weeks : )

Well done 5 lbs is fab :) x

Thanks Ladies - 18stone 13lb will be fantastic!! :D One step at a time - its quite handy as I have decided to have facials once a month up until the wedding and I am using them as my treat at the end of the month! Yesterday was a lovely day, had it all to my self as fiance is away and parents out also. Went shopping in the morning, followed by facial and massage, followed by jammies and TV in the evening. Only 'problem' I had was I got to 6pm and had only had two of my four products. I had the third at 6pm and fourth about 8:30pm but I don't like having them that late really. Cant quite believe I am on day 16!!! Have a new saying though - if I cant eat - shop!!! hahaha...hadnt shopped like I did yesterday in a LONG time! :D I have just under 6weeks until my appt at a plus size wedding dress shop so while it doesnt matter really what size I am for there, it would be nice to be in the low 18s (weight wise!)....

Back