12 hour shifts - suitcase of food!

Dawneee

Heyyyy!

I am doing EE and I work 12 hour shifts starting at 7am meaning I have to have breakfast lunch and dinner at work with a fridge and microwave to use :(

Any other shift workers got tips on what to buy to keep me going?!

I do 15 hour shifts, tomorrow I do a 15hr sleep in then a 9 hour thursday friday.
I've made a 'One pan Winter Hash' which I will divide into portions. That's breakfast's done I reheat in a microwave if I can't use the oven.

Lunch is usually homemade soup, or a sandwich with fruit or a salad.

Dinner, if I have leftovers (bolognese/chilli/casserole) in the freezer I take those, and have a jacket potato or rice cooked in the microwave with it.
For a quick one I have Asda Chickpea Dahl, Savoury Rice and some cook in the bag veggies (Sugar snap peas etc).

Tesco Mushroom Risotto is only 1.5 syns, served with micro cooked veg
JP and beans with mushrooms (Chop and add to the beans to cook)

ha ha ha suitcase of food sooooo true i work 12-13 hr shifts weekends fri sat sun and find im making a mahoosive curry on thurs and eat same lunch for three days have ham eggs and tomatoes for brekkie or beans on toast and fruit and when i get home something quick for tea usually have my hex a and b to use for tea so snack on babybells while i make a fishfinger butty or something lol or i microwave a meal ive frozen i take A TON of fruit and constantly snack on it it helps with the boredom of the long shift as i run a machine for most of it and it is seriously mind numming. the lads i work with cant believe how much i eat and still loose weight

Well I work 12 hours but I only have breakfast and lunch at work! I just make sure I have tons of fruit and other free snacks.....

My breakfast consisted of raspberries and muller light

And lunch was a jacket potato with beans and light philly and a side salad!

Tomorrow I'll have for lunch salad with tuna and cous cous

Thursday I will probably have pasta with tinned tomatoes, sweetcorn, peppers, mushrooms, onions heated up :)

Hope this helps

X

I also work some long shifts, I found I need to be mega organised to get it all ready. I usually have porridge for breakfast then a pasta lunch (cold) then I warm up a meal I cooked the night before (spag Bol etc) then snack on fruit and carrot sticks. I had a mug shot yesterday too as I was hungry. X

Back