2 Years - 120+lbs gone!

GeorgeTown

Good evening <3
My name is George, I'm 24 years old.
I have a story, like everyone else here. I struggled with Anxiety quite a lot, I locked myself away, and I ate too much. That's the short version, lol. I feel ashamed that I let myself get so big: but that's behind me now & I'm embracing a healthier lifestyle.
I call it my journey of 5,000 choices. This is a calculation I made based on how many meal choices I would need to make, before I reached my target weight. Of course, that's just a short term goal. Ultimately my journey will be a lifelong one. I have no fancy diet, I just eat healthy, exercise daily & try to have as much fun as possible.
Here I am 12 weeks into my new lifestyle. I'm working again, I'm getting out more & I'm pushing on.
45lb's down & 65 to to :)

image.jpg

Hi George, I'm new to the forum too. Welcome to us both! Congratulations on the weight loss, you've done amazingly so far :) I am just starting out today and have about 5st (70lb) to lose in total. I also struggle with anxiety and isolate myself because of it so I completely understand that one - well done for getting back out there and pushing through! Very best wishes for the rest of your journey - We can do it! :) Looking forward to seeing more of you around the forums (people like me who have yet to make a dent in their weight loss need more successful folk to act as inspirations, so stick around! :p ). Best wishes, CoffeeGirl88.

Well done, what a fantastic achievement!
And what a positive attitude, as a fellow anxiety sufferer it isn't easy, you must be so proud x

Go you what an inspiration :D

Hi, thank you for your replies, they're really appreciated :)
I have hit a milestone since my last post. My goal was to loose 50lb's this year & I've already reached that in 16 weeks :)
I've had a full health check with my doctor and he is really happy with everything I'm doing. My blood pressure has gone from very high to "excellent"

I'm really pleased with my progress so far, but I feel like I need to learn a lot more about nutrition. I've managed to loose the weight without going to any extremes - but I also want to make sure I'm getting the right balance for long term success.
I will let you guys know how I get on :) and will be looking out for your updates on here too.

Last edited:
George, I had to keep scrolling to your before and after pictures, you should be so proud of yourself, you truly are an inspiration to us all, you have a fantastic positive way of thinking, and as for you health.... Well I bet you docs are really pleased with you.
Keep up the great work.

Wow, well done.

Well done!! X

Congratulations on your success, you have given me so much inspiration. Day 5/Week 1 for me on SW!!

Back